Baptists & Presbyterians Usergroups are now "Self-Joinable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I was working on the board today and decided that it makes more sense to make the Baptists and Presbyterians groups "self-joinable".

If you desire to join one of these groups then it's in your settings: https://www.puritanboard.com/account/join-user-groups

Join one or another and do not lurk on either forum. I'm going to make it an "honor code" kind of thing but we can check to see if someone is abusing this. I don't really expect that Baptists or Presbyterians will say anything that could not be said in public but it is good to have an audience of like-minded folks without having to worry about curious lurkers.

I implemented this to remove an adminstrative and moderating burden because it will also be the permissions that control whether or not you can participate in the respective Chat Groups by the same name.

By the way, if you're Dutch Reformed then, for the purposes of this board, you're a "presbyterian". :)

I do read many posts via tapatalk, but at the moment In online via my computer. Can you explain what you mean by "join one or the other?" because I only see ONE link and I do search topics for both sides, so not sure what defines lurking ;D but thanks for any clarification you can post! <3

oh i see the one link led to a list, sorry, but still , only join one, or read one?

Sorry this will be the last one, I must be really blind but I joined the Baptist one, and I see how the link now says "leave group" instead of Join group, but where do I click to actually ENTER and view the group --clicked all around and nothing highlighted , looked in forums, ...dont see a "groups" section - ayayayay!!!- Signing off, from the "boards for Dummies" user, aka Lauren ;) haha

Lauren, the way it works is that there's an area of the board where only Baptists should answer, and a similar area for Presbyterians. You can participate in ONE of those, by joining the relevant user group as Rich outlined above. Since you mentioned joining the Baptist user group, that part of the Board is here:

https://www.puritanboard.com/forums/baptist-forum.113/

I guess I need to post more before I have permission to join any groups. I align with paedobaptist presbyterians but my current home church is technically reformed baptist.

Lauren, the way it works is that there's an area of the board where only Baptists should answer, and a similar area for Presbyterians. You can participate in ONE of those, by joining the relevant user group as Rich outlined above. Since you mentioned joining the Baptist user group, that part of the Board is here:

https://www.puritanboard.com/forums/baptist-forum.113/
Thank you for explaining. I think I did Join one but on my homepage there is no or I don't know where it is so I will use this link that you just posted in your comment thanks again :)

And I don't know if I ever wrote to you but last time this year I went to Iceland for the month of October and was able to have a few worship nights that were very tiny, still was a wonderful experience, and also spontaneously stopped into a few retirement and nursing homes where they allowed me to play for the people in the home and even some of the nurses listened in that was quite an experience. One of them knew a pastor that I knew in Reykjavik and might have ended up back at that church but anyway it was quite an adventure and thank you so much for all of your encouragement last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thank you for explaining. I think I did Join one but on my homepage there is no or I don't know where it is so I will use this link that you just posted in your comment thanks again :)

And I don't know if I ever wrote to you but last time this year I went to Iceland for the month of October and was able to have a few worship nights that were very tiny, still was a wonderful experience, and also spontaneously stopped into a few retirement and nursing homes where they allowed me to play for the people in the home and even some of the nurses listened in that was quite an experience. One of them knew a pastor that I knew in Reykjavik and might have ended up back at that church but anyway it was quite an adventure and thank you so much for all of your encouragement last year.

Quick note, I clicked on that link and it went to something that said the Christian walk and Family Forum but did not say the Baptist group so anyway don't know if that link LED somewhere else but thank you for your responses regardless!!!

I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable time in Iceland!

I'm afraid I can't duplicate the misdirect when I click on the link (it makes me log in again, but takes me straight to the Baptist forum [which I can see in spite of not being in the usergroup because I am an administrator]), so I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Quick note, I clicked on that link and it went to something that said the Christian walk and Family Forum but did not say the Baptist group so anyway don't know if that link LED somewhere else but thank you for your responses regardless!!!

Rich's link at the top of the page took me to where I needed to be to make a selection. (I, of course, picked Presbyterian.) Maybe the problem is that you are a Baptist going to a Presbyterian church and Google/Apple/Amazon/Microsoft/NSA have you classified as a Presbyterian in their master database.

Rich's link at the top of the page took me to where I needed to be to make a selection. (I, of course, picked Presbyterian.) Maybe the problem is that you are a Baptist going to a Presbyterian church and Google/Apple/Amazon/Microsoft/NSA have you classified as a Presbyterian in their master database.
Haha that's funny :) well I don't know what it is about the puritanboard either through my computer or this app there's so many sections and subsections and it's just very busy looking and I'm not able to find things. But especially through this Tapatalk app, navigating is just not user-friendly to me, and I searched in a few different places, so although I signed up and apparently joined the back to his group I cannot find it but no big deal someday Maybe I'll get a notification for it and that's the way I'll be able to find it, that's actually how it's happened in the past with things that don't even appear until someone else post and then I get a notification.

I sound like a moron but I'm usually pretty good about navigating websites and using the internet so I don't know why this is not very user-friendly to me. Does anyone else feel this way?

and I searched in a few different places, so although I signed up and apparently joined the back to his group I cannot find it but no big deal someday Maybe I'll get a notification for it and that's the way I'll be able to find it

I don't use Tapatalk (the browser on my Kindle works fine for my needs, and it's free).

To find it in a browser:
Click on Forums at the top of the page.
Scroll down to Members Only
Presbyterians are 5th, Baptists are 6th below Deacons Only
It may be bold if you have unread posts, it will be marked "Private" if you aren't registered for it.

I don't use Tapatalk (the browser on my Kindle works fine for my needs, and it's free).

To find it in a browser:
It may be bold if you have unread posts, it will be marked "Private" if you aren't registered for it.
Thank you I will also try this!

To find it in a browser:

YAY!!!! through a real computer (not phone or tapatalk) it DID WORK, just as your described - THANKS!!! Enjoy tomorrow as you celebrate our great and mighty God!

Nope, still "insufficient permission."

Scott, in your case the disjunction between your views and your church's view (referenced in post #6 above) means it will take a bit longer than usual.

I have the same problem. Doesn’t seem to be self-joinable for me.

Susan, in your case after a few more posts you should be able to go to the link in the first post and join the Presbyterian group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back