Baptists are not Protestants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Apostles as Reformed Baptists

Ya, and Jesus is Paedobaptist. Remember some people brought their child to Jesus, the "Reformed Baptist" apostles wanted to kick them away, but Jesus embraced them? :p

Back to the OP, hey Davidius, your thread title is even more controversial than Piper's book title!

I did not see where the baptism took place in the passage you refer to!
Oh, thats right- we do not need to see it in scripture:lol: just say it must have:duh:
Interesting , let's look at that passage;
2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Verse 6 speaks of the little ones which believe in me The text takes notice of that- so do Reformed Baptists. Hopefully you do also. I personally see the foundation given through the Apostles to teach Reformed Baptist teaching. It looks like you see it differently at this point in time.:gpl:

Just to pull us back on track.....

We are getting off topic here. If we want to debate Baptism lets do it in the Baptism threads.

i know this is not really part of the original argument but if Baptists are not truly reformed or protestant could it not be said that neither are Anglican and their offshoot the Methodists, both of which came along much later but are still in the spirit of the reformation from Rome?

Is it time that makes one a participant in the reformation or is it an ideology?

I see the Apostles as Reformed Baptists

Ya, and Jesus is Paedobaptist. Remember some people brought their child to Jesus, the "Reformed Baptist" apostles wanted to kick them away, but Jesus embraced them? :p

Back to the OP, hey Davidius, your thread title is even more controversial than Piper's book title!

:lol: Well, as I mentioned in the OP, I do not support the thesis. This is what some Baptists in Darmstadt (and apparently in other places, too) think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back