Baptist v. Presbyterian Understanding of Lord's Supper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'd have to find out which it was. I think it was an ELCA but I'm not sure. I don't know, in the worship booklet it mentioned communion and how all professing, baptized Christians could partake of it. I honestly don't remember what it was associated with though, Concord or anything else it could have been.

I talked with the Pastor of the Church and he said it was perfectly acceptable for a Reformed Presbyterian to commune with them and be in fellowship with them. We agree on so much, in my estimation. The main differences are points of emphasis and how "strong" our sacramental language is. The Reformed use more "disclaimers" in regards to the sacraments than Lutherans do, but at the end of the day, we believe the same Scriptural truths about such matters, 9 times out of 10. I was perfectly comfortable there, and the gospel was proclaimed with enthusiasm and conviction.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
I talked with the Pastor of the Church and he said it was perfectly acceptable for a Reformed Presbyterian to commune with them and be in fellowship with them. We agree on so much, in my estimation. The main differences are points of emphasis and how "strong" our sacramental language is. The Reformed use more "disclaimers" in regards to the sacraments than Lutherans do, but at the end of the day, we believe the same Scriptural truths about such matters, 9 times out of 10. I was perfectly comfortable there, and the gospel was proclaimed with enthusiasm and conviction.

I am glad to hear the gospel is clearly preached there.

I suspect that some Lutherans would disagree on admission to the table, but the clause I posted earlier gives the pastor some wiggle room. Some of them are as shrill against the Reformed as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back