Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? He hasn't written much lately. And, with his personality, his posts could keep coming for a few days after death (sort of like fingernails growing on dead people).

Matthew Poole would be nice.

mPoole.jpg

Mega Dittos on the Francis Schaeffer avatar! It's like being on a stamp, a sign of the person's influence.

There are a number of Puritans that will be added (when I have the time) before Francis Schaeffer but I appreciate the suggestion.

Rae,

Could you tell me how? I am profoundly inept...at the computer thing anyway.

Hi nicnap! On the bar at the top of the page, there's User CP. Click on it, and on the left side of page you will see 'Edit Avatar' Click on it. At the bottom of the page that comes up, you will see a custom avatar box. There is a option for url for another website, but I use the upload image from my computer. The browse button works great! I just click on the image on my computer, hit the save changes button, and voila! Your new avatar is on your posts. Enjoy. Francis Schaeffer is good stuff. It's nice to know of a fellow Schaefferite!! :up:

Based on his comments, I think that Timothy would appreciate a Karl Barth Avatar. In my humble opinion, he is not the kind of person who should be avatarized on PB. But, you know Grymir, he is sooooo incorrigible! :lol:

Thanks for the idea DMcFadden! Now the question is, which was more annoying to PB members, Rush or Karl? :lol:

FrancisSchaeffer.jpg

FrancisSchaeffer2.jpg

FrancisSchaefferCM.jpg

FrancisShaeffer3.jpg

Here are a few that would work Nick. Just right click on the image and hit properties. Then highlight and copy the url in location on the properties screen. Then open your Control Panel on the PB and paste it in your Edit avatar page.

Better pic of Matthew Poole.

MatthewPoole.jpg

How about Schuller?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forgot about Bobo. Yeah, out here in California he is the poster boy for Reformed theology. Sure am glad I'm just a confessional baptist! :lol: (His son and I were in seminary together but didn't know him.)

If he is reformed, I am jumping ship. Are you serious Dennis? People actually call him reformed? Even though I am part of the RCA, I have been rebuked for insisting to our General Synod to break ties the the Schullerites.

His son is too slick for me to even look at.

There should probably be some more Baptist choices. Some recommendations off the top of my head would be:

English Particular Baptists who signed the 1689:

Benjamin Keach
William Kiffin
Hanserd Knollys

Southern Baptists:

James P. Boyce
Basil Manly
B.H. Carroll
John L. Dagg

If he is reformed, I am jumping ship. Are you serious Dennis? People actually call him reformed?

His son is too slick for me to even look at.

Just fooling around, guys, sorry! Of course he is not an exemplar of anything but Bob Schuller.

Gotta love B. H. Carroll's beard. Plus, he was a Confederate, and a Calvinistic Postmil guy. Way cool.

Manly preached to the CSA army. Many of the noted Southern Baptist pastors and theologians ministered to the Confederate army, but I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Regardless, they were men of faith who sacrifice much to establish our seminaries, churches and went on the mission field. We need men like that again in the SBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back