Autographed Books

Discussion in 'The Literary Forum' started by VirginiaHuguenot, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirginiaHuguenot

VirginiaHuguenot Puritanboard Librarian

I know that some have mentioned in passing that they have books of interest in their libraries autographed by the author. For any who are interested in sharing, what are some of the autographed books that you own?

I have a general collection of autographs, including Dean Smith, Stephen Lang, and a few others.

Some of the autographed books in my library include:

Isaac Asimov Presents the Best Fantasy of the 19th Century signed by Isaac Asimov

Torchbearers of the Truth signed by Sinclair Horne, President of the Scottish Reformation Society

The History of the Presbyterian Church in America signed by Frank J. Smith

The Exile: A Tale of St. Augustine signed by Francis Fontaine, 1878, my ancestor

Twelve on the River St. Johns signed by Charles Bennett

Presbyterian Worship in America: Changing Patterns Since 1787 signed by Julius Melton

[Edited on 7-15-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

2. panicbird

panicbird Puritan Board Freshman

This Is That signed by F. F. Bruce

I also have some books from the library of J. I. Packer, which have his name written on the inside cover.

Lon

3. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

Oooh.:)

4. NaphtaliPress

Years ago when I did most of my book buying, I probably had more money than sense; hopefully more sense if not more money now. ;) I don't have many autographed books, as I haven´t really look for that. Those I have were unlooked for and in one case not noticed by the seller (so no premium added!). This was a memory lane trip looking at these two that I do have. I'll make another plug for BookCollector Pro software; found the below right away (though I could not find a sort for "signed"). I bought both of these from David C. Lachman.

5. NaphtaliPress

Sorry, I didn't edit out the prices; this is an expensive hobby to be sure (even 15 years ago!).

6. Peter

Peter Puritan Board Junior

7. NaphtaliPress

David has beat me on ebay a time or two. But we both lost that McLeod item.:p

8. Peter

Peter Puritan Board Junior

ah, that's right, but Skybks told us he liked his mircrofilm reader if that's any consolation.

[Edited on 7-16-2006 by Peter]

9. NaphtaliPress

Beats a microscope and light table for sure.;)

10. Kevin

Kevin Puritan Board Doctor

I have tons. I used to go to a lot of reformed conferences so anyone I have ever heard speak I asked to sign a copy of their book.

But my favorite is a first (US) edition of History of the Great War (8 vol) By John Buchan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.