Audio Greek Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubermadchen

Puritanboard <strong>Outlaw</strong>
I'm looking for some reasonably priced audio programs for learning Greek. I've already ordered Machen's New Testament Greek for Beginners so I would like the audio to complement that study. Are there any out there? I found several that work well with Mounce but I've already committed myself to Machen.

I don't have any suggestions, but I had to say, you can never go wrong "committing [yourself] to Machen," in Greek or anything. :) I've only ever seen modern Greek audio courses at the library, but you might check there just in case. Then you can preview something before you buy it.

I think there are some pronunciation issues with Machen that you wouldn't get with, say, Mounce. For example, I believe the omicron and omega are pronounced the same way under Machen, and there are other letters (chi should be pronounced "key" and pi should be pronounced "pea") that you might not get with Machen. I learned under the Mounce system, but had a professor at seminary who went to Westminster and said things were pronounced differently there because of the Machen influence. Perhaps this has changed since he attended. At any rate, this is a very minor concern, very much straining out gnats on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back