Attention those of you who love your job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
I posted this on my forum, being that I have a whopping 5 members I am sure it won't get much discussion so I wanted to post it here.

-------
Who needs time off?

I love my job so much that I miss it when I am off duty. Some people think that's insane, but I look at it like this, our kids don't get "time off", parents dont get "time off" from their children either.

I simply love what I do. There is nothing in my "time off" that I enjoy doing more than I enjoy doing my job with our kids. I work with my wife who loves it as much so there's no problem there. We spend every moment of every day together on and off duty and have a wonderful relationship. We just love to give ourselves away to these kids.

Oh sure, I enjoy the school day. When our kids go off to school I get some paper work done, some errands run, some reading and some extra sleep. I find that that I don't really desire or need much more time off than that.

Where we work there are extended holiday and summer breaks. My wife and I really miss our kids during those as well, but since they are breaks for the kids I can see taking them as well to recharge and prepare to start afterwords refreshed. These short breaks we get between work shifts though I could honestly do without.

I just love what I do and miss it when I am not doing it. Call me crazy if you must but I don't need all the time off. Friends can visit us where we work (and live), we can go out during the day, take an evening off every week, attend our own church (if we work it out), etc. It's not the same as a business man who wouldn't get time off or a family that works different places so I know most of you can't compare your job with mine.

I miss it when I am not at work.:candle:

[Edited on 2-5-2006 by houseparent]

hehe... sorry Adam, but i noticed that not only does your post have no replies, but i has quite a low number of views...

I guess there are not too many here to which your thread title applies...

:p

Yep, seems that way! I dunno, I just said to my wife today that I have been more bored and frustrated (traffic, weather, store crowds, etc) on my TIME OFF than I ever am while I am at work!

I certainly enjoy my profession but enjoy my time off more because I get to spend time with my family when I'm not at work. The times I'm deployed for weeks or months at a time is the worst part.

Originally posted by SemperFidelesThe times I'm deployed for weeks or months at a time is the worst part.

Ditto. There is nothing better than the deployment schedule of the infantry Marine. What could be better than deploying for 6+ months and then returning to an assignment at a camp guard unit where you are on 4 days and off for 3 (2 of these in garrison duties)? It was certainly a determining factor in my decision to not reenlist in the Marines.

I enjoy my current profession, but it isn´t my life. I work in order to live, rather than living for my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back