Attending a Non-Reformed Church: Good Reasons or No Excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting suggestion, Donald. I am not sure that would be embraced, given my church's stance on things like that, but I definitely know some families in the area that are in the same boat. I am considering a website or possibly just a FB community group to gauge interest in a Reformed Baptist church in the area.

Hey, I see you are from the Owosso area; I hail from the Linden! We're not too far from each other.
My father grew up in New Lothrop, as this entire area is just one big farmland region.

The account has been suspended. If these are not the same person, we're happy to apologize pending proof. Needless to say, pulling a bit of deceit to get around prior suspensions is disrespectful to the board rules and could certainly involve some ninth commandment issues.
:D Was going to ask the same thing. There is a very similar, distinctive writing style.

I'm not downplaying the importance of the marks of a healthy church at all, but at the rate things are going for Christianity in the West it won't be long before you need to sell your house and purchase a Winnebago for your family to live out of if you live by Brother Paul's advice.

That's just about right. I have actually moved to an area which I thought had sounder church options than where we had been attending in the past. We attended one church for several months before actually moving. (This was a move to another county, several towns over.) Come to find out, once we attended one church, and then another, we discovered that there were serious problems which arguably made them more unhealthy than the broad evangelical churches where we had lived before. At least we had only moved to a different county rather than pulling up roots and moving across the country.

Here at this link are some search results for threads (you will note one is titled "not another should I leave my church thread" so I'm not kidding when I say this subject has come up before).

That was my thread! I see much of the same advice is being given here as was given to me (over a year ago!), and that's encouraging.

Jon, I've been more or less where you are and have a notion of what you're dealing with. Trust God, pray, keep leading your family, and draw encouragement from all of the sound counsel from brothers and sisters in Christ that you get here and elsewhere--regardless of whether you eventually decide to remain where you are or move.

That was my thread! I see much of the same advice is being given here as was given to me (over a year ago!), and that's encouraging.

Jon, I've been more or less where you are and have a notion of what you're dealing with. Trust God, pray, keep leading your family, and draw encouragement from all of the sound counsel from brothers and sisters in Christ that you get here and elsewhere--regardless of whether you eventually decide to remain where you are or move.
Thanks brother, it's encouraging to hear someone who has been through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back