Are you a heretic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalcedon compliant 100%

Apollanarian 33%

Nestorianism 33%

Monophysitism 33%

So what are the correct answers to the following, and what is the corresponding heresy?

"Jesus' human nature is lesser than his divine nature."

"'Son of God' refers to Jesus' divine nature only. As man he is simply the 'firstborn'."

"Only Jesus' human nature died on on the cross."

Originally posted by SRoper
So what are the correct answers to the following, and what is the corresponding heresy?
Here are my guesses:

"Jesus' human nature is lesser than his divine nature."
I think this is Monophysitism, though it might have been Nestotianism; pretty sure they were looking for "no."

"'Son of God' refers to Jesus' divine nature only. As man he is simply the 'firstborn'."
I think this is probably Adoptionism. It also applies to Nestorianism. The orthodox answer is "no."

"Only Jesus' human nature died on on the cross."
Nestorianism. The statement is false.

Lesson: Nestorianism is bad.

[Edited on 1-13-2006 by Mike]

You scored as Chalcedon compliant.

You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%
Nestorianism

67%
Apollanarian

33%
Monophysitism

33%
Docetism

0%
Arianism

0%
Monarchianism

0%
Adoptionist

0%
Donatism

0%
Gnosticism

0%
Socinianism

0%
Albigensianism

0%
Modalism

0%
Pelagianism

0%

Originally posted by Slippery
So did his divine nature die?
The whole of Jesus Christ died.

Can God die?
  • Phil 2:5-8
    Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

You see, the eternal Word dwelt as flesh. As such, He hubmbled Himself to death, even death on a cross. It is a great wonder of our faith that God the Son in the form of a man suffered to the point of death (as well as that God the son took the form of a man.) However, we know it is true by the testemony of God's faithful, holy writ.

I'm still puzzled. can you explain this to me more. I am of the belief that God is by nature eternal. (incapable of dying) Because of this, and Jesus' two natures, one divine and one human (Jesus being fully God and fully Human, two natures one person), He could have given His human life.

Anyway, if I'm wrong on this point I am willing to listen.

I remember listening to R.C Sproul once, and he said that it is wrong to say that, "The second member of the Trinity died"

Originally posted by Mike

Can God die?
    Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

You see, the eternal Word dwelt as flesh. As such, He hubmbled Himself to death, even death on a cross. It is a great wonder of our faith that God the Son in the form of a man suffered to the point of death (as well as that God the son took the form of a man.) However, we know it is true by the testemony of God's faithful, holy writ.

Mike, what the paragraph above seems to be saying is the the Son died, not simply that the human nature died. If so, its not only error, it would be heresy according to everyone's book. Let me be clear - Did the 2nd person of the Trinity actually die (i.e. cease to have being) when the human nature of Christ died?

Can God die?

I bet you scored high in the monophysite area...:lol:

I'm still puzzled. can you explain this to me more. I am of the belief that God is by nature eternal. (incapable of dying) Because of this, and Jesus' two natures, one divine and one human (Jesus being fully God and fully Human, two natures one person), He could have given His human life.

Anyway, if I'm wrong on this point I am willing to listen.
I could be wrong as well, but it seems like Paul taught that the incarnate Word suffered unto death.

This does not deny His Divine Eternity: He was not annihilated, he died. He still existed.

Originally posted by C. Matthew McMahon
Mike, what the paragraph above seems to be saying is the the Son died, not simply that the human nature died. If so, its not only error, it would be heresy according to everyone's book. Let me be clear - Did the 2nd person of the Trinity actually die (i.e. cease to have being) when the human nature of Christ died?
If that is the meaning of die, than no. Neither did the human nature..,

edit: I realize it is a serious charge you are making. However, I really believe that the Scriptural understanding I have provided is faithful to the word. Unless I am convicted by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant of this, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe.

Originally posted by kevin.carroll

Can God die?

33%, the observant reader would notice. Note that you doubled my score as a Nestorian. No shock there, I suppose.

33%, the observant reader would notice. Note that you doubled my score as a Nestorian. No shock there, I suppose.

[Edited on 1-13-2006 by Mike] [/quote]

:lol: Touche. I was vaguely troubled by that. Some of the questions we very poorly worded.

<table border='0' cellpadding='5' cellspacing='0' width='600'><tr><td></td><td> You scored as <b>Chalcedon compliant</b>. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.<br><br><table border='0' width='300' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Chalcedon compliant</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>100%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Modalism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Apollanarian</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Nestorianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monophysitism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monarchianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Socinianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Arianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Adoptionist</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Docetism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Donatism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Albigensianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Gnosticism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Pelagianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr></td></tr></table><br><a href='http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=131773'>Are you a heretic?</a><br><font face='Arial' size='1'>created with <a href='http://quizfarm.com'>QuizFarm.com</a></font></table>

Late to the game, hey I found this on Monergism - then searched here to see if it had already been posted! :D

<table border='0' cellpadding='5' cellspacing='0' width='600'><tr><td></td><td> You scored as <b>Chalcedon compliant</b>. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.<br><br><table border='0' width='300' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Chalcedon compliant</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>100%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Nestorianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='67' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>67%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Pelagianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monophysitism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Docetism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Arianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Apollanarian</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Adoptionist</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Donatism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Gnosticism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monarchianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Albigensianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Modalism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Socinianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr></td></tr></table><br><a href='http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=131773'>Are you a heretic?</a><br><font face='Arial' size='1'>created with <a href='http://quizfarm.com'>QuizFarm.com</a></font></table>

I'm with others that wish the questions had been more specific. I wish it would go back and explain why my answers were Nestorian because I certainly don't have any leanings in the direction that Christ is more than one person. I think the questions are worded poorly in some places to leave doubt as to whether I should strongly agree or disagree. Do you think there are any questions where the person ought to moderately agree?

I concur that the questions were not really clearly articulative(?) - I really only answered Agree/Disagree

God in three persons, blessed Trinity!

You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100% Apollanarian (Because he was given special lessons, see Acts... Edited: No, that does not match his name in Acts 18,24-26... does anybody know what this "school" teaches? Seems i was impressed by lessons i never heard.)
33% Nestorianism (Scaring... ?!)
33% Monophysitism (Scaring ....?!)
33% Donatism (Scaring ... ?!)
17% Docetism (Scaring...?1)
0% Arianism
0% Monarchianism (Long live the king?)
0% Adoptionist
0% Gnosticism
0% Socinianism
0% Albigensianism
0% Modalism
0% Pelagianism (of course not, but elect by Grace, not by works)
0% (?)

Hello Brethren,

way cool test, not sparing "hot irons" and a nice opportunity for introducing a new poster on this board.

Yours in Christ Jesus, who is the only Redeemer.

[Edited on 2-19-2006 by Saved sheep]

Apollanarius (310-390) was a Bishop and close friend of Athanasius. Like Athanasius, Apollanarius believed that Christ, in order to save humankind, had to be infallible and unchangeable. But this presented a problem, because if Jesus was human, then be would be fallible. Apollanarius believed that for Jesus to be infallible, Jesus could not be fully human. Jesus, therefore, lacked a human spirit, and was therefore driven only by the divine soul of God.

Source:
williamgstroop.com/Sunday%20Classes/Gnostic%20Christianity/CLASS%203.htm

I have no clue why i am supposed to be a 100% apollanarian - hardliner! But i don´t want to take this easy.

In every case, i renounce this heresy while wondering how one can be a certified chalcedonian AND an hardcore - apollanista...

My testimony: the eternal Lord Jesus Christ came in the flesh - 100% God and 100% Man, not mixed and not separateable - that includes the mind.

He was REALLY tempted, but without sin. If He had not been able to be tempted (infallible), then He would not have been able to redeem His elect by His obedience to the Father - He was obedient from A-Z and up unto the cross.

He´s the only 100% human winner in all eternity and of course 100% God.

<table border='0' cellpadding='5' cellspacing='0' width='600'><tr><td></td><td> You scored as <b>Chalcedon compliant</b>. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.<br><br><table border='0' width='300' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Chalcedon compliant</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>100%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Socinianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monophysitism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Docetism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Arianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Apollanarian</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Adoptionist</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Donatism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Gnosticism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Pelagianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Nestorianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Albigensianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Modalism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monarchianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr></td></tr></table><br><a href='http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=131773'>Are you a heretic?</a><br><font face='Arial' size='1'>created with <a href='http://quizfarm.com'>QuizFarm.com</a></font></table>

<table border='0' cellpadding='5' cellspacing='0' width='600'><tr><td></td><td> You scored as <b>Chalcedon compliant</b>. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.<br><br><table border='0' width='300' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Chalcedon compliant</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>100%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Apollanarian</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='67' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>67%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Nestorianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='67' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>67%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monophysitism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='33' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>33%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Docetism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Arianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Monarchianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Adoptionist</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Donatism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Gnosticism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Socinianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Albigensianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Modalism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr><tr><td><p><font face='Arial' size='1'>Pelagianism</font></p></td><td><table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='0' bgcolor='#dddddd'><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td><font face='Arial' size='1'>0%</font></td></tr></td></tr></table><br><a href='http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=131773'>Are you a heretic?</a><br><font face='Arial' size='1'>created with <a href='http://quizfarm.com'>QuizFarm.com</a></font></table>

I would have guessed that too Rich, ironically though it says theyre 66% Nestorian! Quite typically he's 33% Pelagian.

Yeah, he seems as Nestorian as some of us, but Lots more Pelagian. That at least is in line with Trent, making him Trent-compliant too! LOL

That's fascinating. I'd like to read his article as I'm trying to understand where they're coming from for a project of mine. I spoke to an EO yesterday. There's an EO book and icon store in Portland, and he was the friendly proprietor. We talked about thoeis/sanctification. Not sure if they're heretics but they ain't reformed, that's for sure.

Chalcedon compliant 83%

Apollanarian 33%

Gnosticism 25%

Adoptionist 25%

Arianism 17%

Modalism 8%

Monophysitism 8%

Pelagianism 8%

Nestorianism 8%

Socinianism 0%

Monarchianism 0%

Docetism 0%

Donatism 0%

Albigensianism 0%

I repent of my 33% Apollarianism and my 25% Gnosticism & Adoptionism... where Dr. McMahon's chart of heretics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back