Are there any Koreans on the Puritan Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirtam

Puritan Board Freshman
I am looking for a Reformed Korean here on the Puritan Board, who can tell me what "Reformed Church" is in Korean (한글).

I know, "고신(GoSin)" is "very conservative", but it is not necessarily Reformed. "합동 (HapDong)" is liberal. I found one Presbyterian church in our area whose Korean pastor may have graduated from Calvin Theological Seminary, but his church is "합동". Apparently, a few years ago they had asked me to preach at their church for the English service without ever meeting me. Now they have a Pentecostal preaching, who holds a Bachelor in theology.

Anyway, I'm trying to find a reformed church in my city (대구,Daegu), but I need to know what I am looking for. Yes, my lovely wife is Korean, but we are uncertain as the proper title "reformed church" generally falls under.

Is it "개혁주의"?

In Christ,

Last edited:
What about searching for reformed terms? Would that not give a lead in a google search?

Sola Scriptura
Sola Fide
Solus Christus
Soli Deo Gloria
Sola Gratia

Are you familiar with the Independent Reformed Church of Korea?

There is also a Reformed Church of Korea. One of the pastors there studied at our seminary here in Hamilton for a year or so and was a member of our church. He lives in Jeonju. I can put you in touch, if you're interested in speaking with him.

I am not familiar with them, but I would like to be directed in anyway possible.

In Christ,

If you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and then I can connect you with Rev. Dongsup Song.

Are you familiar with the Independent Reformed Church of Korea?

There is also a Reformed Church of Korea. One of the pastors there studied at our seminary here in Hamilton for a year or so and was a member of our church. He lives in Jeonju. I can put you in touch, if you're interested in speaking with him.

I am not familiar with them, but I would like to be directed in anyway possible.

In Christ,

If you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and then I can connect you with Rev. Dongsup Song.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back