Are there any Koreans on the Puritan Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirtam

Puritan Board Freshman
I am looking for a Reformed Korean here on the Puritan Board, who can tell me what "Reformed Church" is in Korean (한글).

I know, "고신(GoSin)" is "very conservative", but it is not necessarily Reformed. "합동 (HapDong)" is liberal. I found one Presbyterian church in our area whose Korean pastor may have graduated from Calvin Theological Seminary, but his church is "합동". Apparently, a few years ago they had asked me to preach at their church for the English service without ever meeting me. Now they have a Pentecostal preaching, who holds a Bachelor in theology.

Anyway, I'm trying to find a reformed church in my city (대구,Daegu), but I need to know what I am looking for. Yes, my lovely wife is Korean, but we are uncertain as the proper title "reformed church" generally falls under.

Is it "개혁주의"?

In Christ,

Last edited:

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
What about searching for reformed terms? Would that not give a lead in a google search?

Sola Scriptura
Sola Fide
Solus Christus
Soli Deo Gloria
Sola Gratia

Guido's Brother

Puritan Board Junior
Are you familiar with the Independent Reformed Church of Korea?

There is also a Reformed Church of Korea. One of the pastors there studied at our seminary here in Hamilton for a year or so and was a member of our church. He lives in Jeonju. I can put you in touch, if you're interested in speaking with him.
I am not familiar with them, but I would like to be directed in anyway possible.

In Christ,
If you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and then I can connect you with Rev. Dongsup Song.

xirtam

Puritan Board Freshman
Are you familiar with the Independent Reformed Church of Korea?

There is also a Reformed Church of Korea. One of the pastors there studied at our seminary here in Hamilton for a year or so and was a member of our church. He lives in Jeonju. I can put you in touch, if you're interested in speaking with him.
I am not familiar with them, but I would like to be directed in anyway possible.

In Christ,
If you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and then I can connect you with Rev. Dongsup Song.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.