archangels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
Now I saw this didnt read through it breezed thorugh it more so but what caught me was that all archangels are actually Christ according to the author. NOw what I dont get is the reference to Michael in Daniel and Jude because it seems that the biblical author is specifically mentioning an angel not the 'angel of the Lord' same with in Luke with Gabriel. Also I remeber ebing taught that Lucipher was an archangel?

blade

the article : http://dr-fnlee.org/docs4/mtoa/mtoa.pdf

Hey Nathan. Haven't chatted for awhile.
There have been some in the past, besides cults, who have tied Michael to a picture of Christ. But as you noted, it doesn't say "angel of the Lord," in reference to these named angels, and there is no attributes of diety ascribed to them. Mary and Joseph don't worship Gabriel. Daniel does not worship Michael. The angel talking to John in Revelation refuses to be worhsipped calling himself a fellow servant. Yet, often the Angel of the Lord does recieve worship. So you see a difference there in the attributes. As for Lucifer, some have alleged he was the top angel, or the chief archangel, before his fall. Alot of this is speculation, mostly based on Ezekial 28 with his prophecy against the king of Tyre. There may be some validity to it, because much of the description regarding the king of Tyre really would match a human king during that time (i.e. "you were in Eden" or calling him a "covering cherub" ) but probably not enough to know what his exact position was among the angels. And Ezekial could also have been addressing another demon too besides Lucifer.

Is it possible that the King was possesed by the spirit of a demon? in particular lucifer?

So in reference to Daniel would this mean that there is an angel per se whose duty is to watch over the elect in particular not as in the role of Christ of course but as in a lesser shephardly role?? Just wondering?

blade

p.s. Im doing good hope your doing well:)

Angles are ministering spirits to help those who will be saved (Hebrews 2). So I don't think it strange that one angel may be overseeing that work within their own heirarchy. But, let us not speculate beyond what Scripture says. That could lead us down some wrong turns. :)

***I understand I was just wondering if anybody wanted to add anything more from their own studies:) ***

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, The Great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt". Daniel 12:1
Daniel is in reference to Christ's second coming. The Great Prince which stands up for the people ,is Christ.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".Isa.9:6

Michael the great prince is none other than Christ.The word Michael is derived from the Hebrew word miykael,which means,He who is God.
andreas. :candle:

Hmmm what about Jude 9, does not this seem to indicate that Michael was not deity?

VanVos

vanvos,
thats the problem I have is that if we associate the daniel michael as Jesus then arnt we commiting the error that the jw's are in saying that before Christ cam he was just the angel michael?

blade

Blade,

No I don't think so. Christ often appeared as the Angel of the Lord, calling himself God and yet referred to as an angel. I do not agree that Michael was a theophony or a title for Christ. I think the Jude passage disarms that concept.

yes but when Christ apeared it was as an "Angel of the Lord' not michael the archangel. So why dont we credit Jesus as Gabriel the archangel since he is one who is the presence of God?

blade

Don't take it so hard Nate, I just meant that if I knew the answer to the questions posed I'd probably be disagreeing with you. As it stands currently I agree, I don't think that Michael the Archangel is a title for Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back