Anyone with a scanner and a little free time to help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Puritan Board Senior
For science fair, I am going to attempt to look at textual transmission in (very very) roughly similar situations to that of New Testament transmission. For this to work, I need as many participants as possible. I'm not really sure my research is going to be too accurate, but for the purposes of a high school science fair project I think this will suffice.

That said: if there is anyone with a scanner and a little free time, I would very much appreciate it if some of you would be willing to help out. What I would need is you to copy the Latin text (whether you know Latin or not!) from either a printed copy or another handwritten copy onto paper (using your writing utensil and paper type of choice) in your normal handwriting. Then I would need you to scan that paper in and send it back to me in PDF format... preferably a color copy just so it can be closest to the original. If it's multiple pages long and you need to send separate PDF documents or whatever, that will work too.

It's not too much text--it's I John chapter 1 in the Vulgate. HOWEVER, please email me for specifically what you will need to copy! If anyone would be willing to participate please post below or PM me... email would actually be the best as documents will need to be exchanged. My email is [email protected]. Or if you have questions about how it works, you can ask those too. I need as many participants as possible within the next few days.

Thank you so much in advance to those who can participate!

NOTE: Please contact me first to see what you need to copy! Some people will need to copy the original text; others will need to copy others copies.

Last edited:
Jake,

I was going to do this until I realized that there are multiple Vulgates. (Specifically I have access to at least Jerome's and the Clementine Vulgate.) Might I suggest that you copy and paste the text you want copied here? I am guessing your whole experiment will be for naught if you have different starting points.

Jake,

I was going to do this until I realized that there are multiple Vulgates. (Specifically I have access to at least Jerome's and the Clementine Vulgate.) Might I suggest that you copy and paste the text you want copied here? I am guessing your whole experiment will be for naught if you have different starting points.

Well, I need you to email me so I can give you either a copy or the original text I want copied, as goes for everyone, as I realized this would be an issue. I think I wasn't clear in the original. It didn't so much matter where it came from, I just added what it was to give people an idea.

But thanks for being interested, and thank you for the first to send it HokieAirman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back