Any PB'ers Members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently a member-at-large but I recently discovered a camp here in Pittsburgh that I am going to soon join.

Sons of Confederate Veterans

While I have family members that fought with several units (including the 25th Virginia Infantry, 60th Virginia Infantry, 9th Battalion Virginia Infantry, and the 62nd Virginia Mounted Infantry).

My SCV application was through my Great-Great-Grandfather Pvt. John Alfred Preston of the 14th Virginia Cavalry, Co. E. His survived the war and was later the Prosecuting Attorney for Greenbrier County, WV and a member of the WV State House of Delegates and the WV State Senate.

Well…. We Lost Again… « Backwoods Presbyterian

My great great grandfather was in the 60th Va. inf. company I. On my mother's side my great great grandfather was in the 45th Va. inf. I have belonged to 3 different camps through the years, though I am not an active member now.

You can't rely too much on any report from the SPLC. They are among America's formost communist organizations. They are so left wing they make the ACLU look conservative.

More than just the SPLC are writing about this. Are the articles mistaken?

Anybody in this country who does not tow the official left wing line is branded a hater and a racist, whether you are in the SCV or the local conservative Baptist church. The Roanoke chapter that I was a member of had several black members. How's that for racist? It is perpetual demonization of the south and people who are not ashamed of thier southern heritage.

Manse Jolly Chapter, Powdersville, South Carolina. Signed the charter too. My great great great grandfather was Thomas Watkins of the 22nd Palmetto Cavalry Division of South Carolina. I love the Southern heritage and the phenomenal Christian leaders who led us and tried to defend some remnant of Christendom.

All i remember is Thomas Watkins. I'm afraid I cant remember his middle name. My uncle traced the lineage all the way back to Scotland so I can ask him next time I see him.

O ok. I need to get our old family bible back from my uncle. It has our names all the way back to the 1700's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back