Another Resource for the Republication Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Rev. Adam King was kind enough to pass on a work by the Rev. John Muirhead entitled "Dissertations on the foederal transactions between God and his Church" a minister in Kelso, Scotland in 1782. It is in the old manner of English spelling (f for s) for those who like to see their English properly written.

Here is the link to the PDF on Google books.

Dissertations on the foederal ... - Google Books

You can skip to page 234 for the juicy stuff.

Good reading!

I initially came across it in reference to a different subject (covenanting) and was not necessarily commending everything in it, since I hadn't read it myself. He has statements in there relative to the Mosaic covenant that I am not necessarily comfortable with given the modern debates, but I'll have to dig deeper than just a cursory glance.

I initially came across it in reference to a different subject (covenanting) and was not necessarily commending everything in it, since I hadn't read it myself. He has statements in there relative to the Mosaic covenant that I am not necessarily comfortable with given the modern debates, but I'll have to dig deeper than just a cursory glance.

Rev. King,

Hope it did not come across that I thought you were advocating or necessarily supportive of Rev. John Muirhead's writings. I was just citing my source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back