Another Henderson is Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderHenderson1647

Puritan Board Freshman
Friends, God has been pleased to enlarge clan Henderson another soul. My wife made the discovery a few weeks ago. That makes our eighth child, two of which the Lord took to Himself early into their earthly pilgrimage. We are delighted and give Jehovah praises for His kindness. Let me ask of my PB friends their prayers as my wife suffers with a condition that often accompanies pregnancy that elevates the blood pressure- pray the Lord preserve her and baby! Secondly, pray for us as we hope to transition from our current home/job to a new one out of state. I am pursuing work at Geneva College to get back on the horse of my old career, Christian higher education enrollment management. Lastly, help me with good name suggestions. My wife and I arranged that she would name the girls and I would name the boys - our only prenuptial :lol:. I would ask for girls, but my wife jealously guards that prerogative :) So suggestions for boys' names? We have a Robert Lee, Thomas Jackson and a Jeb Stuart of Confederate fame. I think I would like an Alexander (for the Scottish Henderson of Westminster fame,) or an Alexander A. Hodge of Princeton fame, a BB Warfield or a Charles Hodge of the same. I've flirted with Robert Dabney, a Jefferson Davis or James Thornwell but I'm not leaning that direction (and not because my Confederate sympathies have cooled.) Jonathan Edwards is high on the list right now, but trailing the Scot and the Princetonians. John Knox is a good option for me, but I'm not for sure. So, it is up to you to help me sort this out. I've given you plenty to work with so, it is all yours. I'm sitting back listening now :detective:

I think Wade Hampton goes well with your other boys:

Robert Lee, Thomas Jackson, Jeb Stuart, and Wade Hampton Henderson

Congratulations!

If my calculations are correct, the Henderson clan will outnumber everyone else by the year 2050.

Congratulations!

Children are God's heritage.

"James Begg Henderson"
"Thomas Chalmers Henderson"
"Robert Murray M'Cheyne Henderson"

All good suggestions - Megatron is pretty tough to beat :) Bethel, leaning toward a good Tarheel Cavalier, huh? He was early in the running, I may have to revisit. A good Scotsman indeed! Alastair, those are ALL superlative thoughts- any would be tough to pick from amongst. Thanks, all and for the sweet wishes and encouragement.

Octavius Winslow, perhaps. Congratulations to you and your wife :) It was a joy yesterday to read of so many new little ones (three threads, I think??) God is giving to those in His family to raise for Him. Praying for her health, and the baby's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back