Another fun music Poll!!!!

Another fun music poll!!!!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
OK, this time I selected two bands with important work in the 70's! Two bands I like a whole lot....both very talented! RUSH vs Led Zep! I like 'em both...but push to shove....I am a RUSH man. Who do you like and why?:sing::sing::sing:

Last edited:
Oh.......Andrew......if you see this.....do me a fave.......post some youtube clips of both bands brother....you always find good stuff.:up:

Last edited:
Oh.......Andrew......if you see this.....do me a fave.......post some youtube clips of both bands brother....you always find good tuff.:up:

Max -- I have my personal favs from both bands but I think I'll take a pass on the video clips this time, brother. :handshake:

Oh.......Andrew......if you see this.....do me a fave.......post some youtube clips of both bands brother....you always find good tuff.:up:

Max -- I have my personal favs from both bands but I think I'll take a pass on the video clips this time, brother. :handshake:
Andrew! Why must you hurt me? I thought I could count on you for a couple of clips.:(

Sorry brother -- in my experience, some songs are better heard than seen. Plus, too tired after a long day to look around. So I'll take a raincheck for now, 'kay? Carry on, and blessings!

Andrew! Why must you hurt me? I thought I could count on you for a couple of clips.:(

Sorry brother -- in my experience, some songs are better heard than seen. Plus, too tired after a long day to look around. So I'll take a raincheck for you, 'kay? Carry on, and blessings!
All right my good Brother.:handshake:.......If you get ants in the pants and shake off some weariness....feel free to post a couple of clips. Pax.:)

Last edited:
OK, this time I selected two bands with important work in the 70's! Two bands I like a whole lot....both very talented! RUSH vs Led Zep! I like 'em both...but push to shove....I am a RUSH man. Who do you like and why?:sing::sing::sing:

I've got your back on a great Rush vid from way back in the day...The instrumental La Villa Strangiato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78D00dYOBrM

By the way, Rush smokes Zepp when it comes to:

1. Endurance
2. Breadth of songwriting / musicianship
3. Lyrics (though avowed agnostics, they are a searching bunch...how about "I don't want to face the killer instinct, face it in you or me, so we keep it under lock and key" from their Hold Your Fire album?

This band trumps them all. I was a kid listening to top 20 and a friend threw in Exit Stage Left and I never looked back.

Sorry, but every Rush song sounds like every other, and Geddy Lee has always taken himself WAY too seriously.

Zep had talent that stood head and shoulders above Rush. They were all flat pagans, so I assume this poll has to with real talent, and if that's the case, there's no contest. Page is an incredible guitarist.

Sorry, but every Rush song sounds like every other, and Geddy Lee has always taken himself WAY too seriously.

Zep had talent that stood head and shoulders above Rush. They were all flat pagans, so I assume this poll has to with real talent, and if that's the case, there's no contest. Page is an incredible guitarist.

You are absolutely right, Brad. Rock n Roll is essentially pagan in nature. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were both Satanists, and Stairway to Heaven is consistently voted as the greatest Rock song ever. However, if you are talking about sheer talent the guitar of Jimmy Page and the voice of Robert Plant are without equal.

RUSH is also a pagan band. Their "2112" album is dedicated to the radically humanistic philosophy of Ayn Rand. Man is the measure of all things, and there is nothing else. (2112, by the way, equals the number 6 which equals the number of man.)

I have not listened to these songs in decades, and they bring up memories of when I was a child and an unbeliever. As an adult I can put away these childish things, and consider them for what they are.

Blessings,

-CH

I am a Led Zeppelin fan. I am a Rush Fan. But If I was left to choose I would pic the live album the Song Remains the Same every time over any Rush album. I love the way the title track moves into Rain Song and then into Dazed and Confused afterwards. What a masterful piece. Then No Quarter. What an awesome album.

I've got your back on a great Rush vid from way back in the day...The instrumental La Villa Strangiato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78D00dYOBrM

By the way, Rush smokes Zepp when it comes to:

1. Endurance
2. Breadth of songwriting / musicianship
3. Lyrics (though avowed agnostics, they are a searching bunch...how about "I don't want to face the killer instinct, face it in you or me, so we keep it under lock and key" from their Hold Your Fire album?

This band trumps them all. I was a kid listening to top 20 and a friend threw in Exit Stage Left and I never looked back.
I agree! Thanks for that clip. I simply think RUSH is a better technical band Oh...I wished to touch on something a bit off the subject.....I saw someone write that both bands were pagan..well fair enough....a lot of those bands were. The fact is this: The PB can be intense sometimes..I put this poll up after engaging in Calvinist and Social Justice......really I do these fun little polls to help break tension. Grace and Peace.

Last edited:
RUSH is getting more votes than I thought..........I thought it would be a Zep sweep.....a lot of the smart people have been voting RUSH........REAL smart people (WAY to go Fed G.):lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Merlin cannot do a vote with the computer he is using....He told me to by "proxy" cast his vote for.......RUSH....Donald is a humble guy people, he used to do a little bass himself, that is how he got his nickname....he is a big Geddy Lee fan.

How about Led Zeppelin vs. Rush vs. QUEEN? It'd be close, but I think I like Queen best.

Man I am going to step in something here.

For Libertarians I have to vote that RUSH songs have more meaning.

For people who like blues riffs stolen from the American roots music done by masters of the guitar I have to vote Led Zeppelin

this was a tough vote. It's hard to beat the lyrics of Rush (The Trees, Temples of Syrinx, etc.) It's hard to beat Zep's blues style. I voted Rush, but waffle back and forth.

I must say that I can't stand much of modern Rush (by that I mean anything from "Roll the Bones" onward). They were pretty lame. But, then, Zep wasn't really doing anything by that time.

Last edited:
Technically both John Paul Jones and Geddy Lee are great bassists. I feel that Geddy has a bit of an edge over John though. And, frankly as good as John Bonham was as a drummer, I still really don't think any rock drummer can touch Neal Peart when it comes to technical expertise.

Not to mention Neal Peart as a lyricist is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back