Annihilationism a Gospel Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, I hate Roman Catholicism. I hate its worship. I hate its doctrine. I hate its false gospel. I hate its very existence. Every Christian ought to hate it and warn everyone, including and especially Roman Catholics, of its danger. Those in the RCC are in peril of losing their souls.

But I also love the mighty grace of God, who saves the most wretched and twisted of men, sometimes in spite of great sin and error, dealing patiently with them.

Francis Turretin makes an important distinction somewhere in his Institutes between those who have fallen into heretical opinions through weakness and those who are stiff-necked in maintaining heretical opinions. From what I remember, he argues that the former may be saved, while the latter cannot be saved.

I grew up RC, went to a Roman Catholic school too. I can assure you, people who actually attend mass and are members of a perish are not saved. They do not trust in the atoning work of Christ alone. If they did they wouldn’t be participating in the sacramental system any longer.

I grew up RC, went to a Roman Catholic school too. I can assure you, people who actually attend mass and are members of a perish are not saved. They do not trust in the atoning work of Christ alone. If they did they wouldn’t be participating in the sacramental system any longer.
Well, thank goodness you have a Regeneration Radar®! I’ll need to get me one. Pronouncing people’s salvation or damnation without even knowing them sounds like it could be useful.

Well, thank goodness you have a Regeneration Radar®! I’ll need to get me one. Pronouncing people’s salvation or damnation without even knowing them sounds like it could be useful.
This coming from the same person who accused me of having difficulty having “serious, fine-tuned theological discussion, where distinctions are made and careful language is demanded”.. sounds to me like you’re the emotional one.

Galatians must be an awfully difficult read for you. One doesn’t need to be clairvoyant to recognize that trusting in priest craft equates to denying the Gospel.

This coming from the same person who accused me of having difficulty having “serious, fine-tuned theological discussion, where distinctions are made and careful language is demanded”.. sounds to me like you’re the emotional one.
Not emotional at all. I tried the discussion route with you, but you got all uppity and left. So now I’m trying a new tactic: pointing out the obvious absurdity of your claimed ability to be able to discern people’s regeneration without even knowing or even meeting them. If you attend mass, damned! I’m not saying that there are regenerate Roman Catholics all over the place. I confess it is very, very rare, because it is indeed a false church with a false gospel. But to say that there is not even the possibility requires a very deficient view of salvation and God’s grace.

Not emotional at all. I tried the discussion route with you, but you got all uppity and left. So now I’m trying a new tactic: pointing out the obvious absurdity of your claimed ability to be able to discern people’s regeneration without even knowing or even meeting them. If you attend mass, damned! I’m not saying that there are regenerate Roman Catholics all over the place. I confess it is very, very rare, because it is indeed a false church with a false gospel. But to say that there is not even the possibility requires a very deficient view of salvation and God’s grace.
Might I suggest less time in message boards and more time studying and applying the book of Proverbs? I hope you don’t act this way in church.

@beloved7, we are just going to have to agree to disagree, brother. I really wanted to have a conversation because I think this is an important issue, but when you start throwing things out like, "I hope you don't act this way at church," at that point you've left behind any attempt at rational conversation and resorted to personal attacks. I have not sinned against you in this exchange, and I have done nothing to deserve that kind of emotionally manipulative treatment. It seems this conversation has gotten the best of you, and I simply refuse to continue and open the door to having it escalate further. I hope you understand.

With that, until next time.

@beloved7, we are just going to have to agree to disagree, brother. I really wanted to have a conversation because I think this is an important issue, but when you start throwing things out like, "I hope you don't act this way at church," at that point you've left behind any attempt at rational conversation and resorted to personal attacks. I have not sinned against you in this exchange, and I have done nothing to deserve that kind of emotionally manipulative treatment. It seems this conversation has gotten the best of you, and I simply refuse to continue and open the door to having it escalate further. I hope you understand.

With that, until next time.
Grace and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back