Andante

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
My sister recorded this for me: she plays with so much sensitivity, and it is such a beautiful piece.

[video=youtube_share;1KYatXOKUTs]http://youtu.be/1KYatXOKUTs[/video]

Wonderful! Does anyone know where the sheet music for this could be found online? I'd love to work on this piece.

I have just been playing it as dinner music for our mouse. I met it this evening: so very tiny, eating Ramen.

Hamalas I know my sister found the sheet music for this in the public domain so am glad you found it: this piece makes me think of a whimsical Chopin (though the mouse seemed to prefer Chopin . . .)

What a lovely listen first thing in the morning. Your sister plays very, very beautifully.

Your sister plays very, very beautifully.

Yes, she does. She works as an office manager, and though she regularly organises a recital for the children and young people at our church she doesn't always play in it herself. She mostly practices at home for her own pleasure, and this is one of the few pieces she's recorded. Some things we love and invest ourselves in can feel so 'useless'; but they bring beauty and joy into a few peoples' days; and that is enough.

Nevermind. I found the music here: Welcome to nginx! Also I'll just give a plug to this site: IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music It is absolutely unbelievable if you play classical music and are looking for this kind of thing.

Thank you! I have a cellist and violinist. We'll have to check this out.

Some things we love and invest ourselves in can feel so 'useless'; but they bring beauty and joy into a few peoples' days; and that is enough.

I have thought this very thing with the time I've spent taking my kids to music lessons and the time they spend practicing every day. It is a joy to hear them play. It's one of the things I miss with Taylor being gone, and I know it's one of those treasures I'll miss when Leah and Julia leave home.

By the way, the piece is beautiful. If I'm remembering correctly, you play as well, don't you, Heidi? My girls would love it if you sent them something of you playing instead of me sending them playing.

Mindy, I play very badly -- I would only inflict it on anyone as a small joke :). It was the worst part of being in Mexico to have to play for church, but my constant mistakes and involuntarily panicked and horror stricken faces, at which they all gazed steadily and with increasing joy while singing, were I think, the main thing that endeared me to them. They certainly had nothing so very interesting placed before them in the spectacle of their previous accomplished pianist.

I love to get the videos of the girls :).

Well, Heidi, your VA children would love it just because YOU sent it. They wouldn't laugh. I promise. They would enjoy every minute of it.

I have just been playing it as dinner music for our mouse. I met it this evening: so very tiny, eating Ramen.

Is the mouse going to get his own blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back