Amsterdam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian _Shawn

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey,

Well, I'm in Amsterdam at the moment and there's slim pickings as far as Reformed churches are concerned... unless you speak Dutch and then there's a Reformed church on most any corner, covering a wide variety of social and theological conservatism and liberalism. There's an English Reformed Church here that is probably on the liberal side of things... its run by the Church of Scotland, but because the congregation is mostly made up of tourists and newbies the preaching is more or less general in scope and not particulalry Reformed. However, most of the Universities here offer English Master's degrees in most any subject so you might want to look it up, especially if you want to study philosophy. The Free University has an amazing english MA in Christian Studies of Science and Society. The classes are distinctly taught from a Christian (Reformational) perspective and they are not afraid to criticize and denounce secular philosophy! Its really great - I'm enjoying it a lot. You might also want to check out Leiden, Utrecht, and the seminary at Kampen for other english programs.

In Christ,
Shawn

Sigh... I'd LOVE to go over there and do that. But one of the things about having a family is that I can't just go and do "whatever I want to do."

I hope you're enjoying the nightlife. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back