American Idol Begins in a matter of minutes

Will you be watching American Idol this season?

• Yes, I wouldn't miss it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Yes, I'll watch it once in a while

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Yes, I'll just watch it at the very end

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • No, I wouldn't waste my time!!!

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No, I don't own a TV (but wish I could watch it)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No, I don't own a TV (wouldn't watch it if it did)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, having been a music major, do wonder who tells these people that they can sing, though. Is everyone in America this tone deaf?
Just like American Idol, its probably all about money. Music majors graduate and give people singing lessons. What mother/father would pay for music lessons if their music teacher told them the truth about their child's lack of talent? So, in order to make a living, they withhold the truth about the child's musically-challenged voice. The music teacher leaves the house, removes their ear plugs, and we're stuck listening to these kids on TV. Thanks alot!

I noticed recently that they're moving right along with the show and have gotten past those who appear to be talent-challenged, and are beginning to narrow it down to a more manageable number of talented competitors. A couple of more weeks, and it'll be time for me to start watching.

BTW, for those who are more into it, what ever happened to the black fellow who won it last year (I think). I tend to hear of Clay A. and others who have done well, but not him. I heard rumors he had put out a gospel album?

I believe he has, although I can't remember his name.
Curiosity got the better of me...Ruben Studdard

RubenNow.jpg

Ruben's first album, Soulful, debut at number one on the Billboard album chart, selling 400,000 copies.

The album's first single, "Sorry for 2004," peaked at number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

When the album hit stores, critics were buzzing about the fact that Clay Aiken, the singer Ruben beat on American Idol, was selling more records than the Velvet Teddy Bear.

Ruben was nominated for his first Grammy in 2003, for his vocal performance of the song "Superstar."

Ruben released a Gospel album in 2004. It sold 96,000 copies in its first week. That number was good enough to send it to number one on the Gospel charts.

According to his website, Ruben has sold more than 2 million albums in the United States.

Ruben released the R&B album The Return is Fall, 2006. That album peaked at number 8 on the Billboard album chart.

In his personal life, Ruben has become a vegetarian. The overweight star has also taken steps to lose weight.
Did you know?
Ruben was 25 years old when he tried out for American Idol.

He is from Birmingham, Alabama.

Ruben was a voice major at Alabama A&M University.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back