Amazing Video of a Two Year Old Reciting the Children's Catechism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
The director of the ARP Children Education Ministries send out this wonderful video this morning. It is only the first part of the Children's Catechism that she has memorized, but the little girl is also only 2! Hopefully, this will be an encouragement to parents interested in training their children.

[video=youtube;EVdFM37W-N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVdFM37W-N0[/video]

Wow! We're impressed when our 19 month old folds his hands to pray, I can't imagine him being at that level in six months. We'd like to do the children's catechism with our kids, but I didn't realize you could get them started that early.

Wow! We're impressed when our 19 month old folds his hands to pray, I can't imagine him being at that level in six months. We'd like to do the children's catechism with our kids, but I didn't realize you could get them started that early.

You'd be surprised how much development takes place between 18 months and 2 years. We are working with our son (who will be two on Sunday) on the catechism. He has the first three memorized and we're now working on the fourth. His talking ability isn't anywhere near the level of that girl's, but we are thankful for what he has been able to learn. Go for it and see what your child can learn. He may not learn as quickly as this girl, but any truths about God that he can learn will be helpful.

We actually started with question one this morning. I suppose if he can say "giraffe" and "truck" over-and-over again that he can answer "God" to question one. We're excited to start this journey with him.

...As of two Saturdays ago, Chloë was able to quote back to me the text of Exodus 20:1-17. I am amazed at how well she has done, considering I only get to see her once a week, and sometimes bi-weekly.

Wow, that is impressive!

Our oldest girls (2 and 3 1/2) are working on questions 3 and 7, respectively, of the Shorter Catechism, and our oldest has learned Gen 1:1-5, as well as the Lord's Prayer. It really is amazing how early they can pick these things up. They are sponges at this age, and their ability to memorize is the greatest now.

Quite possibly the most beautiful video I have ever seen on Youtube. I am not kidding.

Quite possibly the most beautiful video I have ever seen on Youtube. I am not kidding.
I must respectfully disagree, but I'm also quite biased. :)

[video=youtube;ZIydy-PeHwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIydy-PeHwo[/video]

Okay, I'll give it to you. The one you posted was also quite beautiful. If only it wouldn't have been ruined by that guy who kept creeping into the pics.

I loved the video! We're teaching the children's catechism in a Kid's Quest club at our church. The beginner class is supposed to be made up of 4 and 5yos - we have a very young class with the two youngest boys who turned three in November and January, respectively. They are both doing very well with their questions and the older of the two, who is in my SS class is beginning to respond to Bible lessons there with answers he learned from the catechism. It's amazing what these very little ones can do and what they are able to internalize!

...As of two Saturdays ago, Chloë was able to quote back to me the text of Exodus 20:1-17. I am amazed at how well she has done, considering I only get to see her once a week, and sometimes bi-weekly.

Wow, that is impressive!
BTW, I failed to mention in the previous post, she's 7 now, not two. :) Nonetheless, I'm very happy with how well she does considering the time constraints. The Lord is good.

Well, I was referring to the time frame you're working with--I assumed she's older now. So, still impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back