Against such there is no law

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
My friends Yvonne Grace and Jessica Myers posted these quotes -- keepers, I thought on stumbling over them this afternoon, and worth passing along:

Be gentle to the lambs of the flock; be gentle to them whose grace is little, whose faith is weak, whose strength is small, whose infirmities are many, whose sorrows are keen, whose trials are severe, whose positions and paths in life are difficult and perilous. Oh, I beseech you, by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, that you be in this particular, Christ-like. Be gentle to them that have fallen by the power of temptation; those who have travelled in the ways of the Lord with so slow and tardy a step that they have been over-taken by evil. Be gentle to the bruised reed and the smoking flax. Be gentle, very gentle, to the broken heart and the wounded spirit.

~ Octavius Winslow

Men must not be too curious in prying into the weaknesses of others. We should labour rather to see what they have that is for eternity, to incline our heart to love them, than into that weakness which the Spirit of God will in time consume, to estrange us. Some think it strength of grace to endure nothing in the weaker, whereas the strongest are readiest to bear with the infirmities of the weak.

~ Richard Sibbes, The Bruised Reed

Thanks for sharing these, Heidi. I know I fail time and again to love my neighbor as myself. These quotes that you have shared really speak to the issue of truly loving others in the full biblical teaching of scripture.

How rich and wonderful both of those quotes are! When I read such I am both deeply convicted of how lacking I am in these graces and deeply hungry to walk in and manifest them. This is surely the need of the hour! Thanks, Heidi, for your kindness to and care for us all.

Peace,
Alan

Thank-you for sharing these gems, Heidi. I have printed copies for my Bible for daily reading.

They are very convicting quotes. If it weren't for the Lord's living with us this way so meekly every day and changing us in doing so, I think it would be easier to just give up on loving others -- not because other people are so unlovely at all (I don't find that of my brothers and sisters) but because of my own heart.

And I am so blessed that many of you here and Denise and others in my very own church family :) manifest this. I think that also (in God's grace) changes us more than we could trace. The friends who posted these quotes certainly exemplify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back