Added Popup Private Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Found a very useful hack to the board. You can now send a PM from a popup window from within threads to the person(s) you want.

Finally, a useful "popup" :)

I also admire how this site erases all cookies when one logs off....I have never encountered any other web site at all that said that it did that. Impressive.

That is great...I am not the most technologically advanced person, so I must ask, Rich, what do you mean that you found a useful hack? I thought a hack was a bad thing.

That is great...I am not the most technologically advanced person, so I must ask, Rich, what do you mean that you found a useful hack? I thought a hack was a bad thing.
By hack, I'm assuming he means a module or a technical manipulation of sorts that allows him to add the aforementioned features.

Yes, a hack in general is any changing of computer code to bring out a new function...(it can have good or bad intentions of course).

In computer programming, you distinguish between elegant solutions done by the book, and "hacks" that get the job done, even if your old CS prof wouldn't necessarily approve of them.

The term "hacker" has been appropriated by the white hat crowd, and while it often connotes some level of mischievousness, often means creativity rather than illegal computer access or reverse engineering.

Is anyone else getting a default popup PM box that requires a scroll down to hit the Send button?

OK, then maybe Rich can change the default size of the popup? or the size of the text box?

yeah - thinking he could reduce the textbox by about 200px - like the quick-reply box.

-----Added 12/26/2008 at 11:26:40 EST-----

could even kill all the smileys...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back