Active Tornado Day Forecasted...

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Fly Caster, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly Caster

Fly Caster Puritan Board Sophomore

... and it looks like it's already started. According to the Weather Channel, we're in Tornado index "6" zone, just east of the worst of it. Planning to have the family sleep in the basement den tonight.

Y'all be careful out there. Watch and pray.

2. jwithnell

jwithnell Puritan Board Graduate

A weather radio alert system is a prudent investment if you live anywhere in the midwest or southeast. We can also get the warnings via our sheriff's department via cell phone. Twice I've been in tornado systems that struck in the middle of the night.

3. AThornquist

AThornquist Puritan Board Doctor

We're inside of the danger zone. There isn't a bad storm for us yet though.

4. Scottish Lass

Scottish Lass Puritan Board Doctor

Had a little hail here this morning, the schools closed early, but okay so far.

5. Fly Caster

Fly Caster Puritan Board Sophomore

News report is saying that the town of Marysville near Louisville KY is "completely gone."

6. Curt

Curt Puritan Board Graduate

Praying for all of you.

7. AThornquist

AThornquist Puritan Board Doctor

Fortunately we fared okay in Owensboro. There was some structural damage from the high winds and a small tornado, but other areas were hit harder.

8. KSon

KSon Puritan Board Junior

I just finished praying you you all in Owensboro as our local news mentioned the town by name. My four year old, Isabelle, was worried about Pastor Sam, who made an indelible mark on her when we had lunch at his home.

9. Scottish Lass

Scottish Lass Puritan Board Doctor

Scary reports coming out of Clarksville, IN, just across the river from Louisville---all they're saying is that a high school is involved. Our private schools closed early, but not the public ones (which dismiss later, plus we still have forced/integrated busing so many kids don't get home until around five).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.