A Wonderful Home Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBaldwin

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I thought I would share this with all of you since it blessed me so much.

An elderly woman in our church who was 93 years old went home to be with the Lord last week. I do not know of the woman's life and testimony as I only met her once, but I gleaned from the prayer requests made for her in the last months, she was struggling in her walk with the Lord. In the summer months, the woman had one minor catastrophe after another, the last being a heart attack. Her family and the doctors thought she would be dying soon, and all the family was called to her bedside. She hung on for about 2 months.

Her family, especially her daughter testifed that in the last two months, her mother's love for the Lord grew. She spoke of nothing but being with the Lord and wanted to pray and have the Scriptures read to her. On the morning of her home going, she made this comment, "The party is about ready to start." Her daughter said this to me. I can see now that God finishes what He started. All those years and we saw so little growth in my mother, and then in those few short weeks, God finished what He started. She was a different person, and I could see Christ in her.

I was deeply encouraged by this testimony as I sometimes look at my cold heart, my weak love for the Lord and my unfaithfulness to Him, and I wonder if I will ever reach the finish line. Yes, God will finish what He started even if it is in the last weeks of a 93 year old woman. Praise Him!

Last edited:
I thought I would share this with all of you since it blessed me so much.

An elderly woman in our church who was 93 years old went home to be with the Lord last week. I do not know of the woman's life and testimony as I only met her once, but I gleaned from the prayer requests made for her in the last months, she was struggling in her walk with the Lord. In the summer months, the woman had one minor catastrophe after another, the last being a heart attack. Her family and the doctors thought she would be dying soon, and all the family was called to her bedside. She hung on for about 2 months.

Her family, especially her daughter testifed that in the last two months, her mother's love for the Lord grew. She spoke of nothing but being with the Lord and wanted to pray and have the Scriptures read to her. On the morning of her home going, she made this comment, "The party is about ready to start." Her daughter told said this to me. I can see now that God finishes what He started. All those years and we saw so little growth in my mother, and then in those few short weeks, God finished what He started. She was a different person, and I could see Christ in her.

I was deeply encouraged by this testimony as I sometimes look at my cold heart, my weak love for the Lord and my unfaithfulness to Him, and I wonder if I will ever reach the finish line. Yes, God will finish what He started even if it is in the last weeks of a 93 year old woman. Praise Him!
Praise God indeed if he worked on the heart of this lady at the age of 93. "Is anything too hard for the Lord."

'Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.'Phil 1:6

Thankfully He always completes what He starts and brings it to the completion of His glory!

What a great inspiration and source of encouragement to all of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back