A Very Belated Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Megs, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megs

Megs Puritan Board Freshman

Hello Everyone!

I know I've posted on here several times, but I never actually introduced myself to everyone when I joined. That wasn't to snub you but because I was not in good health and was unable to be very interactive at the time.

My husband and I have been officially Reformed for about 10 years. We were evangelical-ish before that (I was raised Anglican; he Pentecostal). From the start of our walk together, we never agreed with a lot of what was taught in our churches and never really fit in in them. It wasn't until the internet got going and we were able to research things on our own that we were eventually able to discover that we were Reformed in thought and in the wrong kind of church. Eventually, that research led us to sermonaudio, our denomination, and here :).

We have 9 kids, 7 of whom I homeschool. I have had severe hyperemesis for the last 7 pregnancies, which has taken a toll on my health and which is why I often drop off people's radar for months at a time. It took me 5 years to get help for a pregnancy-induced problem because the service wasn't available in Ontario until recently. That said, I am now on the mend and regaining my strength and so I thought I'd officially say hello.

I have read this Board for years and years and have benefited greatly from all of the wisdom and knowledge shared here. I appreciate all the work and discussions that take place and look forward to reading and learning more.

2. Edward

Edward Puritanboard Commissioner

You are ahead of me. I still haven't gotten around to an introductory post.

3. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome!

Sounds like you! :p

4. timfost

timfost Puritan Board Senior

Greetings! I am the oldest of nine and my wife the oldest of six. We were all homeschooled. My first day in a "real" classroom was my first day of college. :)

We also homeschool our six daughters.

Anyway, it's good having you on the board, and for the record, I never introduced myself either. ;)

5. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

I have enjoyed your recent participation and look forward to more. So glad your health is improving!

6. Tom Hart

Tom Hart Puritan Board Senior

Welcome. I was born in Hamilton, raised in Caledonia. Took a wrong turn one day and ended up in South Korea.

7. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome!

8. JennyGeddes

JennyGeddes Puritan Board Freshman

Greetings, Megs!

9. Susan777

Susan777 Puritan Board Freshman

Hello Megs. Welcome. I must tell you I am really enjoying your blog(s)! But they make me feel guilty for not having used the gift of time as wisely as you have!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. bookish_Basset

bookish_Basset Puritan Board Freshman

Hi, Megs. I've been Reformed for roughly the same amount of time as you and was in an Anglican church for a few years before that. I also want to check out your blog more! Welcome.

11. TylerRay

TylerRay Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome! We could stand to have some more Free Reformed folks on the board!

12. Megs

Well, I was born in Hamilton, raised in Caledonia! (and later in Stoney Creek). Small world!

13. Megs

Don't feel guilty. My blogs are a product of being bedridden during bad pregnancies and being bored out of my mind. I am a researcher at heart - I just want to know as much as I can about everything.

14. Megs

About my blog. I used to be on Wordpress, but then they started deleting blogs I referred to so I thought it wiser to move temporarily. Most of my blogs on blogger are consolidated into one spot but I also have a very un-updated homeschooling blog and another one that's a bit more controversial/unconventional. I will give out those addresses if anyone messages me about them as they are not linked from my main blog.

I confess I am not doing much blogging at the moment as I am exhausted keeping up with 7 kids and homeschooling. My energy doesn't last much in the evenings but I hope to get it back up again (It's hard recovering from a bad pregnancy and birth with 7 littles one to keep you sleepless and hopping!).

15. Megs

Thank you, Jeri. I hope I am not coming across as argumentative on some of the boards. I truly want to learn as much as I can about everything.

16. Tom Hart

You're kidding! I lived on Morgan Dr. My grandparents lived in Stoney Creek. We went there a lot.

I heard recently that Caledonia's old mill has been knocked down. Condos.

17. Megs

Boo to the condos.

I lived on Haller Crescent in Caledonia, down by the "circle." In Stoney Creek, we were on the "plateau."

18. Tom Hart

Had to check the map for Haller Crescent. Caledonia's "old town".:) My neighbourhood was built in the early 90s.

19. Megs

Ah. We left Caledonia in 1985 when my mom remarried after my dad died. I still remember Caledonia as a small town without new builds everywhere.

20. Poimen

Poimen Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Greetings from Eastern Ontario.

21. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

So glad you are here :) I'm a homeschooling mom too but with only two still in the nest.

22. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Not at all. Coming from an oft-rueful argumentator. (Made that word up.)
    Edit: It’s a real word!

23. TheInquirer

TheInquirer Puritan Board Freshman

A belated welcome!

Very sorry to hear about the health troubles. Its amazing you’ve dealt with that while caring for so many.

24. Megs

Ah! I should be asking you for homeschooling advice then! This year has been a real challenge for us with getting into a groove. We are making progress but I am still continually fine-tuning things.

25. Megs

It's not me. I've had God and an amazing husband to help me through it (who has also been able to pay people to help me off and on through the years).

There have been many times where I thought I would collapse under the strain but somehow we all pulled through. It's frustrating to me that I would never have developed the health issues I now have had pelvic physiotherapy been available in Ontario when they first started. 8 years later, my physio is still trying to straighten out my hip and side, although my right leg is now finally staying in its socket!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.