A translation debate in Feb 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I hear about James White, he is debating someone or refuting someone. Does he do anything else?

Thanks for sharing, should be interesting.

The thesis to be debated seems designed to create confusion and muddle the issue. It’s unclear what the main issue is.

If they are debating which Greek text is better, they should focus on that. Adding in the translation layer makes it seem like they will get randomly sidetracked by specific translational issues which aren’t at the heart of the issue.

On the other hand if they want to debate those two translations, they should just focus on translational issues and not bring textual issues into the thesis.

Either way, the thesis does not seem to set things up well.

The thesis to be debated seems designed to create confusion and muddle the issue. It’s unclear what the main issue is.

If they are debating which Greek text is better, they should focus on that. Adding in the translation layer makes it seem like they will get randomly sidetracked by specific translational issues which aren’t at the heart of the issue.

On the other hand if they want to debate those two translations, they should just focus on translational issues and not bring textual issues into the thesis.

I’m open to what comes out of this. It is different. At the very least it will be interesting.

I completely agree with this. The topic is too broad, with too many rabbit trails possible.

seems the above thread is related to this event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back