do the treacherous live at ease?" Jeremiah 12:1

Such as are highest in sin--are often highest in
prosperity. This has led many to question God's
justice. Diogenes, seeing a thief live on affluently,
said, "Surely God has cast off the government of
the world, and does not care how things go on
here below."

How can it be consistent with God's justice,
that the wicked should prosper in the world?

If God lets men prosper a while in their sin--His
vial of wrath is all this while filling; His sword is
all this time sharpening. Though God may forbear
with men a while--yet long forbearance is not
forgiveness. The longer God is in taking His blow,
the heavier it will be at last! As long as there is
eternity, God has time enough to reckon with
His enemies!

God's justice may be as a sleeping lion--but the
lion will awake at last, and roar upon the sinner!

"Yes, Lord God Almighty, Your punishments are
true and just." Revelation 16:7

I love the explanation of that given by God in the 73rd Psalm. He agrees that some are full of todays goods and appear to have no problems at all while those who love the Lord are having much trial and tribulation!

He explains that they will be getting their due in the end!
"When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image. Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins. So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
Neverthless, I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel and afterward receive me to glory! vv.16-24
v 27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works!

Sooo, our Lord is longsuffering, giving time for all to come to Him in repentance but knowing them that are His and bringing judgment to all who reject Him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back