A Simple, But Iconic Album Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
The photograph that graces the cover of Abbey Road by the Beatles was taken 50 years ago today - August 8, 1969.

An incredibly simple idea for a cover photo has become one of the most iconic - and imitated - album covers of all time.

(The music's pretty good, too!)

Sorta-kinda related: Paul McCartney is turning the 1946 James Stewart film, "It's a Wonderful Life" into a musical, set to debut at the end of next year.

I admit that I don't really "get" the Beatles - probably a generational thing and not appreciating what was going on in music at the time.

What do you feel is so iconic about that album cover? I look at it and see a bunch of guys who are too rich to afford haircuts. ;)

I admit that I don't really "get" the Beatles - probably a generational thing and not appreciating what was going on in music at the time.

What do you feel is so iconic about that album cover? I look at it and see a bunch of guys who are too rich to afford haircuts. ;)

It's the simplicity of the idea. Nothing elaborate, just the band members crossing Abbey Road (Abbey Road is the name of the street that EMI's studios are on). In the 1970s, the studios were officially renamed "Abbey Road Studios."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back