A Sermon Addressing Practical Implications Of The Sabbath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeard

Puritan Board Freshman
What does keeping the Christian Sabbath consist of? God forbids work but what kind of work is accepted? What is the purpose of this rest? Here the commandment is applied and objections are answered. Most importantly the sermon looks at why so many believe keeping Sabbath is legalism. Why did God give the people the Sabbath and why is it meant to be received as a gift? If you begin please listen to the conclusion... and consider also listening to the rest of the sermons in this series.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=918161726176

Last edited:
Giving this a bump... I feel this is an important sermon to listen to in the light of our day.

I've bookmarked this to listen to later today. It might be helpful for someone I have been talking to about the Sabbath recently. Thanks!

I listened to part of it and look forward to hearing the future sermon on recreations. Is this an Associate Reformed Church in Canada or does ARP stand for a different denomination?

This was a very well-spent hour. Listen if you would like to hear God's servant pouring out his heart, for his people, in zeal for God's right and glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back