A Religious History of New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
I thought I'd pass along a link to a series by Dr. Stephen Berry called "From the Puritans to Pluralism: A Religious History of New England" that I started listening to today. I've only listened to the first lesson so far, but its fascinating. In the first lesson, he doesn't talk about the Puritans in NE yet, but gives historical background first about what was going on in Europe that brought the Puritans to America. One of the things I like best is the way he brings out the historical facts and get's you thinking what it'd be like to live as a Christian during that time period. I came away with was a renewed appreciation for the freedom we have to worship now.

I thought I'd pass along a link to a series by Dr. Stephen Berry called "From the Puritans to Pluralism: A Religious History of New England" that I started listening to today. I've only listened to the first lesson so far, but its fascinating. In the first lesson, he doesn't talk about the Puritans in NE yet, but gives historical background first about what was going on in Europe that brought the Puritans to America. One of the things I like best is the way he brings out the historical facts and get's you thinking what it'd be like to live as a Christian during that time period. I came away with was a renewed appreciation for the freedom we have to worship now.

Is this available on CD's or on MP-3 or some other form that can be purchased? It sounds fascinating and I'd like to get ahold of it. I cannot order from here, but my church in the states can, and they can get it to me whenever.

Is this available on CD's or on MP-3 or some other form that can be purchased? It sounds fascinating and I'd like to get ahold of it. I cannot order from here, but my church in the states can, and they can get it to me whenever.
Mary,
The lessons at the site are in mp3 format and are downloadable.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back