A Lutheran Who Loves Puritans

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cupotea, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupotea

cupotea Puritan Board Junior

I've been in love with the Puritans for several years now. It started with Jonathan Edwards (as with many). Joined this board a couple of weeks ago and just want to introduce myself.

I'm a Lutheran pastor in the Baltimore area. The inerrancy and infallibility of Scripture is an integral part of my theology. I hold to the traditional "solas" of the Reformation (3 for Lutherans, but I think 5 for Calvinists).

Anyway, I've just been lurking (and probably will continue), but it's a great learning experience.

2. Puritan Sailor

Puritan Sailor Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome aboard. I happen to be a "puritan" who loves Lutherans :)

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by puritansailor]

3. Bladestunner316

Bladestunner316 Puritan Board Doctor

Velkomen our Lutheran Brother:)

4. Puritanhead

Puritanhead Puritan Board Professor

Well I'm a Puritan who loves Lutherans, particularly the work and ministry of Lutheran Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Martin Luther. The Cost of Discipleship is a great book, despite a few exegetical errors (i.e. Peter the Rock of the church) that Bonhoeffer makes. And don't get me started about consubstantiation. But as Luther says, "Faith is the article on which the church rises or falls. He got justification by faith alone right, and his soteriology and Gospel affirmation was sound! Sola Fide!:pilgrim:

5. crhoades

crhoades Puritan Board Graduate

I went to a Lutheran Missouri-Synod church after I was saved in college. It was the only church in my college town that had any reformational leanings. How sad! Heck I even own Francis Pieper's 4 vol. dogmatics. as well as John Theodore Mueller's 1 vol. Dogmatics. A must for every Reformed/Calvinist to understand our Lutheran Brethren. (Oh yeah, reading Luther himself doesn't hurt! :banana:)

Click here for Lutheran software at great prices including -

Works of Luther for $169.95. This is a phenomenal deal! The works in book form (55 vols.) is $1500 regularly and this is completely searchable!

All of this to say:
    :welcome:

6. Irishcat922

Irishcat922 Puritan Board Sophomore

:welcome:

7. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

Hi and welcome! :handshake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.