A Frustratingly Joyous and Sometimes Bellicose Female Specimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnie

Puritan Board Graduate
Hey Mumbly. I majored in Botany and loved mycology (fungus) and got accepted to grad school at Cornell. I wanted to try to feed the starving masses growing fungus on garbage dumps sort of thing; it was a topic for research back then. The goal was to perfect massive high protein fungus production on waste materials. I don't think anything ever came of it.

The head of the department said if I waited a year he could get me a good fellowship ( ie money) so I put it off. Got engaged that winter and married in the summer. Never did end world hunger, but ended up happy with five kids. I became the neighborhood marvel at getting every kid to wash their hands before they ate. I'd drag out my microscope and show them a drop of dirty water with squirmy blobby things, even rotifers, and tell them that if they didn't wash their hands that was what they were eating. I cheated sometimes with scum from our aquarium just to hit the point home. That scum was amazing. All the moms loved it, you never saw kids with such good hygiene habits.

Anyway, welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.