A farewell post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Dear friends,

It is time for me to move on to new pastures. This will be my final post. I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to meet and talk with so many committed Christians who take the truth of God seriously and seek His glory in faith, life, and witness.

May God bless you!

This is a very sad day. Your thoughtful posts and wisdom have helped me greatly. Thank you.

May God bless you!

Wow. I am going to miss you a lot, Rev. Winzer. Your posts were always extremely enlightening and your use of sound reason through the Scripture has been very helpful in my own walk with the Lord. May He bless you for all of your labors in building up the body.

Dear friends,

It is time for me to move on to new pastures. This will be my final post. I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to meet and talk with so many committed Christians who take the truth of God seriously and seek His glory in faith, life, and witness.

May God bless you!
You will be sorely missed, dear brother. Your influence has been extremely important to me over the years. I hope that one day we may cross paths in person in this world. If not, I look forward to our meeting in glory.

I'm very sad to hear it, and so thankful for all you've posted. Your posts and a few others' have helped me tremendously over the past few years, not to simply gain knowledge but to settle me in the things of God so that I have much more peace, born of a fuller understanding, in my life. May the Lord richly bless you and your family in all your endeavors. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reverend Winzer. I echo the thoughts expressed above. I will miss your contributions to this forum very much, and sincerely hope you will be led by the Spirit to reconsider.

The Lord's blessings to you, Rev. Winzer. Thank you for your consistently edifying and God glorifying posts.

Could I prevail with you to reconsider? You often bring light to darkness, knowledge to ignorance, sense to nonsense and fact to fiction. We need such a gift in these days in the wider church. My indebtedness is sent for your ministry.

Sorry to see you go, Matthew! Hope I didn't push you over the edge... ;-) God bless you and keep you!
Tim

How sad. Please consider a mere sabbatical instead. Thank you for all of your contributions. May the Lord bless and keep you.

Rev. Winzer,

It saddens me to hear that you are leaving us, but I pray that God would continue to lead you wherever he so chooses and that you would continue to glorify him in all that you do. Thank you for all the wisdom and scholarly opinion that you have shared with us over the years. All of us who frequent this board owe a debt of gratitude to you. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

I echo all the sentiments above; thanks for your helpful contributions with hopes that you may reconsider. I consider myself a student here and although I don't post much, I read often to gain insight from my "professors". You are one of those professors from whom I have profited greatly.

Rev. Winzer,

Your posts have been a blessing to me over the ~8 years I've been on the PB. God has used you to sharpen my grasp of Scripture's teaching. Thanks for your time and patience with our many questions and quandaries. You've helped to strengthen many of us in Christ. Godspeed, until we meet in glory.

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. (Num 6.24-26)

Grace to you.

Sorry to hear this. I always appreciated the logic and order you brought to a discussion. You helped plow the way to see the axioms of a subject more clearly, and deduced the conclusions properly from them. I could always count on you to bring something to the table to consider and reflect upon. May God lead you to be further useful in his kingdom, and may he keep you and strengthen you in the faith until the end. I hope to meet you someday, and to shake your hand.

Blessings and prayers...

Rev. Winzer,
This is hard news for me. You (probably not even knowing so) have poured much into my life. I will miss interacting with you and I will miss the wisdom God has given you that you shared so freely. My life is richer because of you being here. May God be gracious to you, to your family, and to the saints where you worship. As someone else said, please consider a visit here from time-to-time. In love, farewell my brother.

Last edited:
Thank you for your inestimable contributions to this board. I have benefited greatly from your posts. I second the sentiments of Greg.

I am very sorry to see you go, I believe that I've benefited and learned more from your posts than any others over the years. Your knowledge of the Scripture and of the Reformed tradition is a great encouragement to me. May the Lord bless you richly in your future labors brother!

I wasn't going to post anything, but when I read "new" as "greener," I feared something terminal was implied... Now I'm relieved.

If you can, every so often, I hope you'll keep your long-time friends here updated. God bless and keep you, friend. :)

Much like the posts above, I would say too you have been a great blessing to my inward life of faith.
Please leave a trail if bread crumbs so that we might be able to follow your ministry and see how our Lord will be using you in the church.
Blessings to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back