A Christian Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Author: Richard Baxter
Hardcover , 948 pages
The Puritans knew that they would not be able to deal with man’s problems if they did not understand the source from which all these problems flow. Therefore, they learned what the Bible had to say about the heart in order to address the problems and difficulties that flow from it.

In this book, Richard Baxter provides what many consider to be the greatest manual for biblical counseling ever produced. Baxter addresses a whole host of problems that flow from the inner self, providing biblical insight for dealing with sin and with other issues that trouble us in everyday life.
https://store.ligonier.org/product.asp?idDept=B&idCategory=PU&idProduct=CHR04BH

It showed up today. Total cost was somewhere around $42 Canadian, the cheapest I've seen it so far.

Last edited:
I will have to put this on my list for near future purchase.

It is good to see recomendations from other members, have never been steered wrong yet.

I picked up Baxter’s Dictionary a few weeks back and it has quickly moved to the top of my reading list. I just need to finish the Christian in Complete Armor by Gurnall only 835 pages to go (amen for massive Godly books)

They have a whole collection (several volumes) of his practical works at www.archive.org.

I'm not sure which volume it is in, but if you are a fan of Baxter, that's where I would start and it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back