A Body of Divinity, Thomas Boston (Volumes 1&2 of His Works)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian R.

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm interested in purchasing this Thomas Boston SC commentary, but wanted to ask any of you for input:

1- The Tentmaker Publications edition- Is the font small and difficult to read? That appears to be the case.
2- If so, is there another, better (print) edition of this work available?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have the Tentmaker edition, and it is a facsimile of the 1853 published by William Tegg of London. Richard Owen Roberts also published the same 1853 facsimile of the Complete Works, and comparing the number of pages listed on ABE Books I'd say the size is probably identical.

I haven't seen a copy, but Sovereign Grace Publishers individual volumes of Thomas Boston's works are also listed on ABE and a seller gives the size of the book, and the number of pages.

Larger overall size, and more pages compared with the Tentmaker set, so I suspect the print would be larger, but I'm not sure. For instance, my Vol 11 has 393 pages, and the Sovereign Grace has 412. The print is small in my set, but readable in a good light and I've gotten used to it.

I'm interested in purchasing this Thomas Boston SC commentary, but wanted to ask any of you for input:

1- The Tentmaker Publications edition- Is the font small and difficult to read? That appears to be the case.
2- If so, is there another, better (print) edition of this work available?

Thanks for any feedback.
@Brian R. I just opened an email I received from Sovereign Grace Publishers, and the Thomas Boston set is $269.00 for 12 volumes using a 10% discount code, but they note that on sets you can buy individual volumes. Looking at the overview of the contents of the volumes shown at the link posted above, it appears to be the same 1853 facsimile.

@Brian R. I just opened an email I received from Sovereign Grace Publishers, and the Thomas Boston set is $269.00 for 12 volumes using a 10% discount code, but they note that on sets you can buy individual volumes. Looking at the overview of the contents of the volumes shown at the link posted above, it appears to be the same 1853 facsimile.
Thanks for your help, Jimmy. I appreciate your time and this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back