3 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoOpt

Puritan Board Freshman
(1) Has any one heard of a web site called Grace Gems? (2)what do you think of that web site?
(3) How do I find a certin tread I started 3 weeks ago? I believe it was a question on Matthew 18

Thanks

In Christ

Robert

I can answer #3 for you.

Click on your name at the top (DeoOpt).

Click on View Public Profile, then Statistics, then Find all theads started by Deo Opt

Yes I'm familiar with it, and I find it to be helpful. It's handy for finding quotes or short articles on a wide variety of topics arranged by authors, many (most?) of whom are Puritan and all of whom appear to be reformed. They have text versions of a lot of old books. In fact I've recently begun reading J.C. Ryle's "Holiness" online there.

Overall, it's a nice site.

It's a very good site.

The following is from Grace Gems!

Richard Baxter's Guide To The Value Of A Book

Make careful choice of the books which you read: let the holy Scriptures ever have the preeminence. Let Scripture be first and most in your hearts and hands and other books be used as subservient to it.

While reading ask yourself:

1. Could I spend this time no better?

2. Are there better books that would edify me more?

3. Are the lovers of such a book as this the greatest
lovers of the Book of God and of a holy life?

4. Does this book increase my love to the Word of God,
kill my sin, and prepare me for the life to come?

"The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one Shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." Ecclesiastes 12:11-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back