25% Off through Nov 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of year. The holidays are upon us and we're all spreading some cheer to get in the spirit bright and early.

Through November 23, get 25% off all print books and calendars with code SHOP25. Don't forget, coupon codes are case-sensitive.

Go to Puritan Publications here.

View attachment 4347

May I ask do you not believe that one ought to "not" promote holidays? I ask for I may have read you wrong. :)

Edit above with the second "not".

Last edited:
It's that time of year. The holidays are upon us and we're all spreading some cheer to get in the spirit bright and early.

Through November 23, get 25% off all print books and calendars with code SHOP25. Don't forget, coupon codes are case-sensitive.

View attachment 4347

May I ask do you not believe that one ought to promote holidays? I ask for I may have read you wrong. :)

I asked the same question on the previous holiday book sale thread, but received no response. Something seems wrong about starting a thread to sell a book which seeks to bind someones conscious to not celebrate the holidays and then to turn around and post a thread encouraging people to buy books for the holidays. :confused:

Seems like many good books to read on the holidays! (each Lord's Day), but I don't know what's in view.

Unless otherwise noted, all coupons for printed works that we create come from the distributor, not the Puritan Shop. When they send a coupon, I cut and paste it.

But on the holiday idea, my view is here.

View attachment 4347

May I ask do you not believe that one ought to promote holidays? I ask for I may have read you wrong. :)

I asked the same question on the previous holiday book sale thread, but received no response. Something seems wrong about starting a thread to sell a book which seeks to bind someones conscious to not celebrate the holidays and then to turn around and post a thread encouraging people to buy books for the holidays. :confused:

Its because you don't know Mockett's position, or mine. That would be important in understanding the answer to your question.

To clarify - Mockett's position is the Reformed Position against violating the Regulative Principle (Christ in Christmas). My position is the same, but also takes it a step further, something the Reformers and Puritan's had no need or point of reference to do - which is to take Christ out of Christmas. If Christ has nothing to do with Christmas, it changes the meaning of that day. See my link in the above post for my full explanation. I'm all for Xmas. Not Christ-mass.

View attachment 4347

Its because you don't know Mockett's position, or mine. That would be important in understanding the answer to your question.

To clarify - Mockett's position is the Reformed Position against violating the Regulative Principle (Christ in Christmas). My position is the same, but also takes it a step further, something the Reformers and Puritan's had no need or point of reference to do - which is to take Christ out of Christmas. If Christ has nothing to do with Christmas, it changes the meaning of that day. See my link in the above post for my full explanation. I'm all for Xmas. Not Christ-mass.

I understand that back then the season had Christ tied almost completely into it and Mockett's book should be a good read. What I think is that today it is impossible to sever the tie of this yearly holiday from some type of religious belief no matter how many X's are attached to mas, though I think you believe you have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back