22 Year old new Reformed Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan95

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hey there! My name is Jonathan. It's an absolute pleasure to meet fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord. I suppose I'll go ahead and start with my testimony.

While being homeless in 2014 I was working at a doughnut shop carrying my bags with me everywhere. I wasn't making nearly enough money to afford my own place. I would constantly go on this website "Blahtherapy". It allows you to enter a chat room either as a "venter" or "listener" and I'd always choose to vent my issues to others online. I ended up meeting this woman on the site who was a Christian. She was married with a young daughter. Her family began to send me food, money, and a bible. After a while I got so fed up with my life that I wanted to commit suicide. She told me that she wasn't going to be able to help me, that I would have to pray to God and submit to Jesus Christ and His will. This angered me but I was broken up and in tears and I cried out to the Lord. It was business as usual for the first few days afterward but later that week, while at work, a man approached me saying how I was the only one at the shop who seemed to have a good attitude and really cared about pleasing the customers. He offered me a job working for the hotel that was across the street. I was blessed with a job that paid me enough that I was able to get back on my feet with ease. I've constantly struggled and stumbled since November 2014, and I was baptized November 2016.

That's the story for me. I love God and have been pulled by the Spirit into always wanting to learn more about Him. I am always in studies, whether in puritan/reformed literature or in the Word of God itself. I want to praise His name in whatever circumstance I end up in.

So yeah, I'm here to continue to wrestle with doubts and any questions that may arise with fellow Bible believing Christians. I hope I can find and build awesome friendships while here while also encouraging any who cross my path. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Quite an account of God's sovereign, sustaining love in your life! Welcome to the PB. You're among some godly folk here. Enjoy!

Grace to you.

rookie

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome and thank you for sharing, what a blessing that God is sovereign over all..

Jonathan95

Puritan Board Sophomore
Great! How did you find out more about Christianity? Visiting a church or the internet, I guess?

I took that first year after getting back on my feet to study the history of the faith along with the false religions of this world. Also, I wanted to read the Bible for myself and find out what it taught before I had church attenders and pastors tell me what THEY believed it taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.