2022 Major League Baseball Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Puritan Board Senior
Happy Opening Day!

Any baseball fans on the PuritanBoard with thoughts or predictions on the upcoming season and what you're excited for? I'm looking forward to seeing what the Phillies can do with some big bats in the lineup and what looks to be a very good National League.

I certainly don’t care the way I used to, and that is a VERY good thing! I’m trying to adopt the mindset of “why should I care about a bunch of grown ‘men’ wearing matching costumes playing a game fighting over a piece of leather” with regard to all sports.

That said, I enjoy visiting MLB ballparks and would like to get to all of them. I try to do 1-2 a year, and I’m about halfway there.

Oh, I was born and raised a Cubs fan.

We're based in the Seattle area now and I grew up a Mariners fan. Caught some games last year and excited to take my son to some games this season too. Got tickets for next week! Would love to see them end the playoff drought in 2022!!

Oh, and always rooting against the Astros!

Oh, I was born and raised a Cubs fan.
I wouldn’t really describe myself as a “fan” of baseball, but my wife and I were made fans of the Cubs when they won the World Series while we were in Chicago a few years ago—first time in 108 years. That was a gripping series!

That said, I enjoy visiting MLB ballparks and would like to get to all of them. I try to do 1-2 a year, and I’m about halfway there.
Given the ever shortening livespan of parks, by the time you visit all the current parks, you'll need to start over. Both the Vinings Braves and the Arlington Rangers are on their third ballparks.

Given the ever shortening livespan of parks, by the time you visit all the current parks, you'll need to start over. Both the Vinings Braves and the Arlington Rangers are on their third ballparks.
Yeah, I just count the home team’s park. So I’ve been to Old Yankee Stadium, I don’t have to go to the new one. Same with The Ballpark in Arlington. No plans to see the new thing. Although I have been to both Mile High Stadium and Coors Field, but that’s because I have family near Denver who used to have season tickets.

Happy Opening Day!

Any baseball fans on the PuritanBoard with thoughts or predictions on the upcoming season and what you're excited for? I'm looking forward to seeing what the Phillies can do with some big bats in the lineup and what looks to be a very good National League.
As a New York Mets fan I know that no matter how good we are supposed to be that some freak injuries or a yet to be explained law of the universe will prevent us from winning a World Series.

As a New York Mets fan I know that no matter how good we are supposed to be that some freak injuries or a yet to be explained law of the universe will prevent us from winning a World Series.
Cut me and I bleed New York Mets blue and orange.

We're based in the Seattle area now and I grew up a Mariners fan. Caught some games last year and excited to take my son to some games this season too. Got tickets for next week! Would love to see them end the playoff drought in 2022!!

Oh, and always rooting against the Astros!

Mariners fan as well. I expect some excited, hope, and crushing disappointment in the end as we miss the playoffs yet again.

Cut me and I bleed New York Mets blue and orange.
I'm....intrigued by this year's team (I never use the word optimistic when speaking of the Mets). I used to go to games all the time before moving to NC (originally from central NJ). But if the Mets can make me believe, even a little bit, maybe I'll take a trip up to DC to see them this year.

Anything to make me forget about the New Jersey Devils season this year :um:

I believe every player should have to bat, including pitchers, so that makes this my year to be a curmudgeon about the game.

I'm....intrigued by this year's team (I never use the word optimistic when speaking of the Mets). I used to go to games all the time before moving to NC (originally from central NJ). But if the Mets can make me believe, even a little bit, maybe I'll take a trip up to DC to see them this year.

Anything to make me forget about the New Jersey Devils season this year :um:
Last hockey game I attended: Oakland Seals 1971

I like the game of baseball a lot. Not sure I care much about MLB expression of it. Not a fan of universal DH, instant replay, or even interleague play, frankly. In my mind the Braves should still be in the NL West. But, then again, I am an Originalist on several fronts, so maybe par for the course. I do get free mlb.tv for being with T-mobile, but the Braves are blacked out here, so typically I watch the Cubs, Reds, or Pirates.

I believe every player should have to bat, including pitchers, so that makes this my year to be a curmudgeon about the game.
As the meme goes, "join us".

I guess if you're going to score four runs and win the game, you might as well do it in the bottom of the ninth.

It's not so much that the Diamondbacks won, as the Padres lost.

I guess if you're going to score four runs and win the game, you might as well do it in the bottom of the ninth.

It's not so much that the Diamondbacks won, as the Padres lost.
Phoenix is one of the parks I haven’t been to. When’s the best time to go and where are the best seats? I usually get standing room only tickets in the parks that offer them because I enjoy exploring the park and taking the game in from different vantage points.

Phoenix is one of the parks I haven’t been to. When’s the best time to go and where are the best seats? I usually get standing room only tickets in the parks that offer them because I enjoy exploring the park and taking the game in from different vantage points.

April / May is the best time, especially when the Diamondbacks are playing against a smaller market team.

Don't bother coming if they're playing the Dodgers or the Cubs. It's an absolute madhouse.

As for seats, there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Rays fan here, I make it to a few games each year. I actually like the Trop, the weather is always perfect and the seats are cheap. I have been a fan since the early 2000's. The location of the Trop could be more central, but the stadium itself gets a lot of flack from people that have never experienced it. Summer storms make an outdoor stadium impractical and retractable stadiums are soooooo expensive these days. But who knows how or where the Rays will end up in a couple of years when the lease is up.

Reds fan here. I expect a long season of grief, agony, and woe. They traded everybody minus the mascot. I predicted 63-99 on another forum.

They traded everybody minus the mascot.
As a Rockies fan, I feel that pain too. Sadly, in many markets being average makes better business sense than being good. By the way, I was a fan of the Big Red Machine back in the 70s, when it was still possible for a smaller-market team to keep a core group of highly talented players together from one season to the next. Another reason for my curmudgeonly-ness today.

Don't forget, Georgia is currently home to the top baseball and college football teams in the nation :) Go Dawgs! Go Braves!

Reds fan here. I expect a long season of grief, agony, and woe. They traded everybody minus the mascot. I predicted 63-99 on another forum.
My father was a Reds fan. His first order of business when I was growing up was to make me hate the Yankees. That part took. However growing up in the NYC area in the 80s the other half of his plan didn't work since I ended up a Mets fan. I've always considered the Reds as my second team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back