2022 College football pick'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Curtis

Puritan Board Senior
So, one month from today, the 2022-2023 college football season kicks off with "Week Zero." Yay!

As the (ever so humble) victor of last season's pick 'em contest, I would have loved to dive into the thick of things and host the contest this year.

However, with restrictions on travel being lifted around the world, my schedule has become quite full and I will likely be in obscure corners of the globe on any given Saturday. So, I hereby exercise (what I suppose to be) my prerogative and bequeath my hosting rights to none other than @greenbaggins, Lane Keister.

May the best PBer win!

Even @Pergamum had internet in the trackless jungles of "the place he was".

I'll get some early picks in -UGA over Oregon. (Actually, that's the second week of the season. So even earlier pick"

Even @Pergamum had internet in the trackless jungles of "the place he was".
Oh, there are still many places in the world without internet! Not necessarily whole nations, but far-flung villages, etc. And there are many other places where, to do research and compile a contest list, would involve lots of scratch-off, prepaid internet cards!

But my point was more about a hectic schedule than about internet access...

The real challenge is catching the games when in Asia, with the 12-13 hour time difference! 4 am and football don't go well together...
Australian footy is the only thing I ever watch live anymore. With American football, I just record it to watch later. I've actually saved a lot of time that way because you can just fast-forward in between snaps.

I just know that I'll be rooting for whoever is playing against USC.
Oklahoma isn't even in the SEC yet and you are already setting up an historic rivalry with the USC Gamecocks? I figured the Okies would Texas and maybe Arkansas or A&M as rivals (although Mizz would likely be a fit.)

I've learned the hard way that cheering against Notre Dame is fine, picking against them not so much.

Oklahoma isn't even in the SEC yet and you are already setting up an historic rivalry with the USC Gamecocks? I figured the Okies would Texas and maybe Arkansas or A&M as rivals (although Mizz would likely be a fit.)

I've learned the hard way that cheering against Notre Dame is fine, picking against them not so much.
There's no rivalry with USC. Thing is that OU's coach left to go coach there instead. Nothing wrong with that by itself; our new coach (Brent Venables) is actually an upgrade (and a believer). But the old coach cleaned house when he left, took most of the coaching staff and some star players and recruits with him leaving us high and dry, which was a real chump move in my opinion.

. But the old coach cleaned house when he left, took most of the coaching staff and some star players and recruits with him leaving us high and dry,
So the inverse of Lane Kiffen? He destroys a team when he leaves, rather than destroying it by arriving as head coach?

Glad to see some college football talk on here; though it is what can be described as the “toy department of life”, it is fun to follow. Best of all, it’s on Saturdays. We have Syracuse season tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back