2021 PB College Bowl Bash Invitational - ALL PICKS SUBMITTED BY 11:00 AM Central Time, Friday, December 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to lose based on my pick for the National Championship game. Go Dawgs. Arf, Arf, Arf!

I'm sure my neighbors appreciated me ringing the bell in the back yard at 10:03.

Bowl Bash Status Report #7

Well now it comes down to the last two games. Steve, Edward, and I can all win depending on the results.

If Alabama wins the National Championship game, Edward wins.

With a Georgia championship, depending on the result of the Texas Bowl, either I win outright (if LSU wins the Texas Bowl) or Steve and I head to a playoff (if KSU wins the Texas Bowl).

Texas Bowl first will set the stage of what happens if Georgia wins. I'll send a quick update after the game to remind everyone of the conditions on the National Championship game.

Current scores:

25: @Edward and @toddpedlar
24: @kainos01
23: @Eyedoc84
21: @SolaScriptura

Bowl Bash Penultimate Status Report

And Kansas State downs the opt-outers from Louisiana State, who had to employ a wide receiver as their QB, by a huge margin...and this sets up the following scenario for the Bowl Bash and the rights to serve as the PB College Pick'em Commissioner for next year:

If Alabama wins the National Championship game, Edward wins.

If Georgia wins, Steve and I go to tiebreakers
For those keeping score at home, I predicted a Georgia win by a 38-35 score, while Steve's prediction is 27-24.

And we now wait for January 10...

Current scores:

25: @Edward, @kainos01, @toddpedlar
22: @SolaScriptura

Happy to be in the mix... I haven't had time to watch more than bits and pieces of most games, but there have been some good highlight reels. (Do they still call them "reels"?)

They did have a great season, but everyone on the field responsible for the great season seems to be departing for the NFL, or hitting the transfer portal. Kiffen's ability to recruit is somewhat in doubt. And when the starting QB (now leaving for the NFL) went down in the first quarter of the Sugar Bowl, the team got housed. Ouch.

Well everyone, I wasn’t planning a halftime update, but wow. It looks thus far like I am trailing both Steve and Edward in terms of likelihood of a Bash win. Here I was expecting another typical SEC affair among scoring powerhouses and the game looks more like a mid-1990’s New England vs Buffalo struggle among the kickers…

With Alabama currently on top, it looks like Edward holds a slight edge over Steve. Steve’s 27-24 pick looks prettier than my prediction of a 38-35 slugfest, should Georgia overtake Saban and co.

Will see what the second half provides - Georgia looks tired, so I’m thinking something like a 30-20 final for Alabama looks likely…

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember my rule of thumb. All major sporting events are rigged. They have to keep it close to keep the viewers tuned in.

Prediction with Georgia 13-12 in the 4th quarter - they will have Bama come from behind to win.

Well! It was down to the wire, as it were, but it looks like "Better late than never" works out. Steve Curtis manages to get his Bowl Bash entry secured in Week 14 of the contest, and then predicts a lower scoring affair to win the whole kielbasa! Nicely done, Steve. Poohbah-ship is yours for the PB College Pick'Em 2022 Season. Thanks everyone for a wonderful season, and see you in August!

29: @kainos01 , @toddpedlar (@kainos01 wins by Tiebreaker over @toddpedlar by virtue of a closer final score on the National Championship game)
25: @Edward

I sure wasn't expecting a 1st half like this!
It reminded me a lot of the Clemson game. This defense has been a joy to watch all season and I didn't think Georgia would do well in an offensive shootout. We've got some key players coming back, but we will be losing the defensive coordinator to Oregon. See you next year :)

Well! It was down to the wire, as it were, but it looks like "Better late than never" works out. Steve Curtis manages to get his Bowl Bash entry secured in Week 14 of the contest, and then predicts a lower scoring affair to win the whole kielbasa! Nicely done, Steve. Poohbah-ship is yours for the PB College Pick'Em 2022 Season. Thanks everyone for a wonderful season, and see you in August!

29: @kainos01 , @toddpedlar (@kainos01 wins by Tiebreaker over @toddpedlar by virtue of a closer final score on the National Championship game)
25: @Edward
Well, its been 10 years since I won my last one (not sure how many I played in since), so the victory is sweet - though due more, likely, to covid cancelations and dumb luck (interpreted through a Reformed lens, of course - ha!).
I remember passing the poohbah crown to @toddpedlar the following year. Let's see if a repeat is in your future!:stirpot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back