2008 College Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this on Saturday against 'Bama. Because of power outages, I had to watch this on a tiny black and white battery-powered screen Saturday night. This is much better.

[video=youtube;CkhcewfLf-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkhcewfLf-Y[/video]

This makes me very happy. :D

Well you know a Georgia Tech man would have been able to engineer his own electricity for game watching... ;)

:lol:

I would suspect a GT man would be smart enough not to watch GT football. :lol:

Actually, Paul Johnson (former Georgia Southern and Navy coach, master architect of the triple option running attack) is going to make GT a tough team to stop. They've already shown themselves to be pretty decent in the weak ACC. I hope they do well (especially against Clemson!) and only lose one game (to UGA) each season. :lol:

Getting ready to head out for the PSU/Illinois game in Happy Valley! Taking my 14 year old niece with me. It's an 8 p.m. start so it will be a long day of tail gating and other things at the stadium (pep rally, volley ball game, etc.) but it should be a great time.

On another note, I was so glad to see USC upset by a team Penn State destroyed!

I don't think Penn St. can be considered a top 5 team yet, who have they beaten?

Good to see another Rocky Flop.

I watched the Alabama/Arkansas game, looks like Saban has things rolling down in tide land.

MANY of the top 10 teams have beaten no one, or in the very least no one very tough. Many of them have struggled mightily with cupcake teams. At least PSU have destroyed everyone they've faced and not just squeaked by. Why look at USC losing to Oregon State a team we blew out of the stadium.

If PSU beats Illinois today they will be in the top 10, and if they then go on to beat Wisconsin as well, they will be in the top 5. If they go undefeated they very well might play for the National Title and well they should.

I hope Penn State does win the Big 10 (11). I'm tired of seeing Ohio State in the title game (and losing badly) every year.

I don't think Penn St. can be considered a top 5 team yet, who have they beaten?

Good to see another Rocky Flop.

I watched the Alabama/Arkansas game, looks like Saban has things rolling down in tide land.

MANY of the top 10 teams have beaten no one, or in the very least no one very tough. Many of them have struggled mightily with cupcake teams. At least PSU have destroyed everyone they've faced and not just squeaked by. Why look at USC losing to Oregon State a team we blew out of the stadium.

If PSU beats Illinois today they will be in the top 10, and if they then go on to beat Wisconsin as well, they will be in the top 5. If they go undefeated they very well might play for the National Title and well they should.

Settle down there PB, I hope Penn State does do well. I, too, would rather them win the Big 10 than OSU.

I am just not sold yet, but maybe after tonight.

And for a team that will not be in the Top Ten next week (thereby clearing a space for Penn State, PB): Florida! Way to lose in the swamp, Gators!

Hopefully Bama will cooperate tonight and clear another space for your Nittany Lions, PB. ;)

And for a team that will not be in the Top Ten next week (thereby clearing a space for Penn State, PB): Florida! Way to lose in the swamp, Gators!

Hopefully Bama will cooperate tonight and clear another space for your Nittany Lions, PB. ;)

I was at a Golf Scramble this morning/afternoon. Was quite surprised about that game...

Greatest game of football I've ever seen: (#9) Wisconsin 25, Michigan 27, after coming back from 19 and 5 turnovers in one half. Good to see UM win at the 500th anniversary of the Big House. Hope the rest of the season goes this well.

How about them Beavers beating USC? I was at that game and was able to rush to field. It was a great game! It is also fun knowing that over half the nation was cheering on my Beavers! It makes that loss to Penn State a little easier to swallow.

Well, I must say Alabama impressed me in spanking my Dawgs. Have you seen the remainder of their schedule (Georgia's is a murderous one, btw)? The only really good teams they have left are LSU (there) and Auburn (at home). They should finally beat Auburn. The LSU game will be a good one. They could be an early favorite for the national title.

well, i must say alabama impressed me in spanking my dawgs. Have you seen the remainder of their schedule (georgia's is a murderous one, btw)? The only really good teams they have left are lsu (there) and auburn (at home). They should finally beat auburn. The lsu game will be a good one. They could be an early favorite for the national title.

roll tide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see PSU vs. Alabama for the title, what a refreshing change that would be for NCAA football! A few pics from our big win tonight against Illinois!

n525655012_4238313_8658.jpg

n525655012_4238452_8110.jpg

n525655012_4238455_3310.jpg

n525655012_4238456_5013.jpg

My niece and I attended the women's volleyball game as well (wow, they are awesome!) and the pep ralley in the Bryce Jordan center before the game and met a current WNBA player whos team won the title last year. She was a star for the Lady Lions basketball team four years ago. We got to talk with her and get an autographed picture.

A very good day!!

At this point it's CLEAR the Tennessee simply isn't any good at all this year. What a great week though! USC loses to a team we destroyed, Georgia loses, Wisconsin loses, and Florida loses! We will have a much different top 5 or 10 than we've had in College football for YEARS!!

Alabama looked good Saturday, but the question is how good is Georgia? This is the same team that was very lucky to beat South Carolina and struggled with Georgia Southern. I'm still not sold on Alabama. They've looked good against two overrated teams and horrible against Tulane. The jury's still out, in my opinion. And don't assume they'll beat Auburn, and especially don't assume they'll beat LSU...

Penn State is playing the best football in the country right now. They are #4 in scoring offense, #9 in total offense, #11 in scoring defense, #14 in total defense. No other team is top 15 in all 4 categories...WE ARE!!!!

Great pics, Adam...

Tennessee is playing poorly this year, no doubt. In fact, they are killing themselves with the way they played against Fla. Oh well, still a fan.

No offense, but who has Penn State really played - besides a now 2-2 Oregon State team? Again, I mean no disrespect.

Oklahoma too. Alabama beat No. 3 UGA but ...

What I mean is that the ranking system is pretty much bogus until late into October - no one really plays anyone yet. They shouldn't even put out rankings ahead of the BCS rankings in my opinion.

I have always said that rankings should not come out until at least half way through the season. As you said though, Oregon State is apparently decent, and Illinois is not bad as well, they have an especially good offense.

PSU is #6! I think they deserved the top 5 though.

Alabama looked good Saturday, but the question is how good is Georgia? This is the same team that was very lucky to beat South Carolina and struggled with Georgia Southern.

Exactly how did Georgia "struggle" against Georgia Southern? They were up 24-0 at halftime, and had a 38-0 lead before Georgia Southern scored late in the 3rd quarter. Don't let the final score (45-21, which is not close) fool you. That would be like someone looking at the final score of the Georgia-Alabama game (41-30) and assume it was close all the way. The difference is that Georgia Southern scored a couple of late touchdowns against Georgia's second string; Georgia put up 30 points against Bama starters in the second half.

And don't let the SC game fool you either. Georgia almost always struggles offensively against SC, especially since Spurrier arrived and brought his defensive coordinator from Florida with him. I think Georgia has scored a total of about 3 or 4 offensive touchdowns against SC in the last 4 seasons. Some teams just don't match up well against others. Georgia almost always beats SC, it's just normally an ugly game.

Exactly how did Georgia "struggle" against Georgia Southern? They were up 24-0 at halftime, and had a 38-0 lead before Georgia Southern scored late in the 3rd quarter. Don't let the final score (45-21, which is not close) fool you. That would be like someone looking at the final score of the Georgia-Alabama game (41-30) and assume it was close all the way. The difference is that Georgia Southern scored a couple of late touchdowns against Georgia's second string; Georgia put up 30 points against Bama starters in the second half.

And don't let the SC game fool you either. Georgia almost always struggles offensively against SC, especially since Spurrier arrived and brought his defensive coordinator from Florida with him. I think Georgia has scored a total of about 3 or 4 offensive touchdowns against SC in the last 4 seasons. Some teams just don't match up well against others. Georgia almost always beats SC, it's just normally an ugly game.

Where was no-show moreno this weekend?

Where was no-show moreno this weekend?

He probably took lessons from Clemson's backfield. :lol:

Seriously, that goes to show how good Alabama is at stopping the run. Clemson is no slouch, but they didn't even show up for the game (their lone TD was a kick return, as was one of Georgia's scores). At least Moreno managed to score. Also, when your team falls behind 31-0 at halftime, that sort of puts and end to the running game...

Having a 360 pound nose tackle in the middle of the offensive line does put a damper on one's plays up the middle. Georgia's center did a pretty good job blocking him for most of the game (taking him on 1 on 1 most of the time), but just have a big body in the middle is enough sometimes.

Penn St. please put a whoopin on Purdue for me, I am not a fan of the Boilers!

Right now I would say that Oklahoma, Mizzou, Alabama, Penn St., and Texas have separated themselves from the pack and are the best teams. However, in the next few weeks Oklahoma and Texas play and then Texas and Mizzou play, so it should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

A friend of man (also a Georgia fan!) just forwarded me this email. I thought some of you might appreciate this:

Authorities arrested Alabama head coach Nick Saban in the predawn hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal cruelty charges. Saban, 56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack which occurred Saturday night in Athens, Georgia. Police said that as many as 92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick, crush and destroy a large pack of mostly-docile bulldogs. One officer was quoted as saying, "I haven't seen bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case."

Story is still developing............

Backwoods, congrats on your Pitt Panthers beating South Florida last evening. It looks like they may be poised to make a run in the Big East!

Penn St. please put a whoopin on Purdue for me, I am not a fan of the Boilers!

Right now I would say that Oklahoma, Mizzou, Alabama, Penn St., and Texas have separated themselves from the pack and are the best teams. However, in the next few weeks Oklahoma and Texas play and then Texas and Mizzou play, so it should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

While understanding that anyone can lose on ANY given Saturday I am picking PSU to beat Purdue 35-20

PSU 20 Purdue 6

I was frustrated when they allowed Purdue to score as PSU is the only team in history to shut out a Tiller coached Purdue and I wanted them to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back