2008 College Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
1982.jpg

I take it you wouldn't want to discuss 1982 though?

Nope, nor 1981 either (too bad Todd Blackledge couldn't have turned out like Dan Marino in the NFL).

At least that was a great game. Not like the SEC/Big-10 blowout no-contests of the past 2 seasons in the title game.

Maybe we'll see a repeat of 1982 in the title game this year. Only, with different results this time. :lol:

How about 1976?

You guys are bad. That wasn't even a contest. Georgia didn't even bother showing up for the Sugar Bowl that year. Except for Matt Robinson.

I think I was 8.

To make feel even worse I was not even alive then...

Though 1976 was a pox on Pitt as well. If not for that game Matt Cavanaugh is not our Offensive Coordinator now and Pitt would not be terrible...

Chuck Long, the coach of the San Diego State Aztecs, was asked who was better, Cal Poly or Notre Dame.

Today, he his saying Notre Dame!

Img11.gif
FF_148953_l.jpg

Irish are 2-0, and are one game away from matching their total wins for all of last year! :eek:

:sing: Cheer, Cheer, for 'ol Notre Dame...

These officials are terrible. Obvious Pass Interference on USC that results in an Interception and a USC TD.

Completely agree. Plus, he stepped out of bounds on the return. And then the next possession OSU came up with the ball and somehow USC gets possession? I'm not overly impressed with USC. OSU has killed themselves, with the help of the refs...

How about those Lions though? I predict that they will not have a major issue with Ohio State. They won't beat them like they beat Syracuse today, but I feel confident they will win!

As for Michigan, I wouldn't care if they lost every game they played!

WE ARE....

PENN STATE!

Got my tickets for opening day tomorrow. Taking my dad to tailgate for a few hours before we get our seats at the 10 yard line 20 rows up. I'll return with some pictures tomorrow evening. I LOVE Penn State football in Happy Valley on Saturdays. One of my all time favorite things in the world.

WE ARE PENN STATE! WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!! I don't blame you I miss seeing JoePA run out onto that field. :agree:

How about those Lions though? I predict that they will not have a major issue with Ohio State. They won't beat them like they beat Syracuse today, but I feel confident they will win!

As for Michigan, I wouldn't care if they lost every game they played!

I'll say it again: Penn State is playing as well as anyone in the country. Yes, their opponents have been bad, but they have completely dominated them in every way. They will be tested by Wiscy and OSU on the road, but both are certainly beatable. If the Lions keep up the current level of play, we could very well see them in Miami...

I don't think Penn St. can be considered a top 5 team yet, who have they beaten?

Good to see another Rocky Flop.

I watched the Alabama/Arkansas game, looks like Saban has things rolling down in tide land.

Good to see another Rocky Flop.

Let's have another round of the song!

:sing:

Rocky Flop, you'll always be
A crummy team to me
Bad ol' Rocky Flop
Rocky Flop Tennessee!

:sing:

Seriously, Tennessee (and Fulmer) might be in some serious trouble. They have Auburn this week, and can easily start the season 1-3. That's not going to look too good to the TN faithful.

Alabama looks awfully good (bet Saban gives Auburn a run for its money this year), but they beat up on a mediocre Arkansas team. My Dawgs have them between the hedges this week. Should be a great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back