2008 College Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a HUGE Dawg fan, I must say that USC deserves the #1. They completely dismantled UVA. I was happy to see that CMR did not keep the starters in the whole game just to pour it on. I think that going down a bit in the rankings will not be a bad thing for UGA; they play better when they have their backs to the wall In my humble opinion. If they can win the SEC that is good enough for me. The National title is nothing next to being the SEC champs.

I am frustrated with the way the BCS has made things. I used to be able to root against UF/GT/UT no matter who they played; now I am supposed to be concerned because if they are not good then the Dawgs will not look as good if they beat them. This causes some real schizophrenia between my heart and head when I follow my team.

Whew...my Irish pulled one out against...San Diego State. Ouch. :duh: I think Pat Hayden said it best regarding the "New and Improved Irish" when he said, "Well, they are new." :eek: 1-0 is 1-0! Next week...Michigan.

Well my Herd was slaughtered by Wisconsin 51-14...

Though on the bright side

EAST CAROLINA BEAT WEST VIRGINIA 24-3 WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the 2nd half of the ND game, did not look good there for awhile.

Hopefully the Irish can knock off Michigan.

Penn State looked very good again today, winning 45-14 over Oregon State. PSU could run the table - the biggest hurdle will be Ohio State at the Shoe and Wisconsin at Madison. Not saying they are the best team, but no one is playing better football than the Nittany Lions right now.

Whew...my Irish pulled one out against...San Diego State. Ouch. :duh: I think Pat Hayden said it best regarding the "New and Improved Irish" when he said, "Well, they are new." :eek: 1-0 is 1-0! Next week...Michigan.

I'm not a Notre Dame hater, but the refs gave them that game. The fumble on the goal line should have either been a touchdown for SDSU or ND's ball in the 1-inch line. Not to mention the very questionable calls on ND's last scoring drive....

ColdSilverMoon said:
I'm not a Notre Dame hater, but the refs gave them that game.

Granted that I am biased, but I try to be truthful. Let's grant that there were "questionable calls" as you say. I would argue that there was as many equally if not more egregious calls going the other way - one of which ruled a fumble (with goal to go) where the knee was clearly down. As such, I do not think it is fair or accurate to claim that the refs gave ND the game.

Shame on you Backwoods Presbyterian for jumping on board with ColdSilverMoon! ;)

Penn State looked very good again today, winning 45-14 over Oregon State. PSU could run the table - the biggest hurdle will be Ohio State at the Shoe and Wisconsin at Madison. Not saying they are the best team, but no one is playing better football than the Nittany Lions right now.

After watching my Beavers get utterly embarrassed by Penn State (I am still fuming a bit), I wonder how Penn State is not ranked higher? They looked get. Michigan has no offense so they shouldn't be a problem. Ohio State game should be a good one. If Beanie Wells' injury lingers I give the edge to Penn State. I keep hearing that Wisconsin might be overrated, so Penn State may have a get chance of winning the division.

I said for weeks before the season started that PSU was way under rated and that I predicted them to win the Big Ten and finish in the top three of the Nation!

I said for weeks before the season started that PSU was way under rated and that I predicted them to win the Big Ten and finish in the top three of the Nation!

Yeah, if they keep playing this way they are legit title conenders. BUT, there is a loooooonnnnggggg way to go. Winning at both Madison and Columbus will be a tall order. You know there will be a let-down game or two somewhere along the way - there always is for every team. Let's just hope it's against a team they can beat anyway. The good news is they are having so much success with only half their first team defense. If they can get healthy and quit making stupid mistakes off the field they will be a great D to go along with the great O.

Yea, one of those stupid mistakes kids is the one I know from Milton Hershey School. I can't believe he was so dumb. I mean to be a starter for PSU with NFL aspirations and make such foolish decisions.

Let's not get crazy. They have looked really good, but there are a lot of games left and anything can happen.

This has to hurt if you're a Notre Dame fan...

Chuck Long, the coach of the San Diego State Aztecs, was asked who was better, Cal Poly or Notre Dame.

Now mind you, Long was standing inside Notre Dame Stadium. He was asked to compare Cal Poly to the most storied football school in the history of this country. He had been lobbed a softball, a meatball right over the heart of the plate.

Go ahead, Chuck, hit that puppy as far as you want.

Yet, the man was perplexed.

"That's a tough question," Long said. "Each week is different. They're two totally different schemes. It's hard to say who's better. They both beat us."

Rivals.com College Football - Weis, Irish dodge huge bullet with close win

Let's not get crazy. They have looked really good, but there are a lot of games left and anything can happen.

ALl I said is that before the season started I predicted those things. Of course I could be wrong but I am more hopeful now.

Hello ColdSilverMoon,

This has to hurt if you're a Notre Dame fan...

Being a Notre Dame fan, it does hurt. ND played uninspiried football, and Claussen (their storied quaterback recruit) exhibits poor character which may be indicative of the team as whole under Weis. Apart from recruiting (which actually has been very good), my confidence in Charley Weis is severly shaken. It could be another long season. :(

Brian

ok how about....

3.gif

Just got awesome seats for the Temple game! Small picture, bit they are less than half way up in the lowest section at the 45 yard line.

36ff_1.JPG

A friend forwarded me an email with this pic this morning. It was titled "The New Heisman Trophy Pose."

ZGUWPGDRBCJFQNZ.20080906235751.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back