Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but this thread needs a little more of this:

oil_country_dark2_800.jpg

Edmonton-Oilers-and-Colorado-Avalan.jpg

3rd_800.jpg

How much Mark loves his Oilers:
dance30hh.gif

Where did all you guys come from?

For the first half of the season, I thought it was just me and Jason discussing hockey.

Now the second half starts tonight and all these fans come out of the darkness. Even Tellville came back (good to see ya, btw).

Oh, well it is good nonetheless. :)

go pens.

Where did all you guys come from?

For the first half of the season, I thought it was just me and Jason discussing hockey.

Now the second half starts tonight and all these fans come out of the darkness. Even Tellville came back (good to see ya, btw).

Oh, well it is good nonetheless. :)

go pens.

Okay I'll take the bait. :worms:

I just rejoined the board a month or two ago. If you check the posts you will find me quite active last year!

Go Canucks!

Daniel, "ABC" is where it's at! (For you non Alberta types, that means "Anybody But Calgary!"

So you live in Leduc? That's cool. You will be part of Edmonton one day, UWH! HA! HA! Why a Canucks fan? I guess it says you're under a Kelowna church, so that would mean your from BC, and then it would be natural for you to be a Canucks fan. If hockey was theology, I would put you in the Reformed Arminian camp, so close, yet so far. Penguins and Sabres, I would put in the Wesleyan Arminian camp, could be close, but instead are light years away. The Canes, I'm sorry, but that's just Reprobate along with Detroit, Toronto and Calgary, and well, the Reprobate just isn't where you want to be :p

I have a feeling my Baptist roots are going to get slammed :p

GO OILERS! (just please beat the Kings today!)

P.S.
Good to see all the hockey fans back again as well, including that Penguins fan :p If it wasn't for that Gary Bettman, your Penguins would have been coming up here to Canada within the next couple of years! GRRR!

Mark:

You are correct. I am BC born and raised so being a Canuck fan is something that was bred into me.

Daniel, "ABC" is where it's at! (For you non Alberta types, that means "Anybody But Calgary!"

So you live in Leduc? That's cool. You will be part of Edmonton one day, UWH! HA! HA! Why a Canucks fan? I guess it says you're under a Kelowna church, so that would mean your from BC, and then it would be natural for you to be a Canucks fan. If hockey was theology, I would put you in the Reformed Arminian camp, so close, yet so far. Penguins and Sabres, I would put in the Wesleyan Arminian camp, could be close, but instead are light years away. The Canes, I'm sorry, but that's just Reprobate along with Detroit, Toronto and Calgary, and well, the Reprobate just isn't where you want to be :p

I have a feeling my Baptist roots are going to get slammed :p

GO OILERS! (just please beat the Kings today!)

P.S.
Good to see all the hockey fans back again as well, including that Penguins fan :p If it wasn't for that Gary Bettman, your Penguins would have been coming up here to Canada within the next couple of years! GRRR!
Tellville, with regards to mixing hockey with theology, that's really going too far.

With regards to the Avs, ah, yes, those were the days...when Sakic was much younger. Now you have Theodore in net. He hasn't regained his form since winning the Hart Trophy. AFAIAC, Budaj is a much better netminder. Avs are rebuilding, but this will definitely not be their year.

Pens? They have the final playoff spot in the East. Let's see if they can hold it. Getting rid of LeClair was one of the best things they could have done.

Canucks? Watch out! They're really turned things around for the better this season, especially with all those Swedes on the line and Luongo in net. BTW, I understand that Markus Naslund is a Christian.

As for Christian hockey players, I don't know if the Sabres have any. The last one that I know of who played for them was Curtis Brown. Last check, he was playing for the San Jose Sharks.

Last edited:
Jason,

I was in a weird mood when I wrote that. However, I still think that the Flames, Leafs, Red Wings, and for the next little while the Canes, represent all that is evil and unholy in this world :p

I wouldn't mind if Buffalo won the Cup this year (as long as they didn't beat Edmonton to do it ;) )

The Canucks have really turned themselves around from the beginning of the season. Impressive. If the Oilers don't get their act together I might have to be a Canucks fan this playoffs :(

And let's hope the Oilers DO get their act together! :pray2:

I use to be an Avs fan because I was a hardcore Nordiques fan. My two teams were the Nordiques and the Oilers, and I loved them both. However, after the Avs won their first cup and became one of the bane's of Edmonton's existence, I had to jump ship.

Hockey is so hard to predict who will end up in the cup finals.

We should submit our honest picks (that means not biased, although Jason has good reason to pick Buffalo this year). We'll come back and see if anyone comes close to getting it right at the halfway mark.

My forecast:

Conference Finals:

--> NJ Devils - Atlanta Thrashers / San Jose Sharks - Nashville Predators

Stanley Cup Finals:

--> NJ Devils - San Jose Sharks

Cup Champs:

--> NJ Devils

I hope it does not turn out like this, but I can see Buffalo getting upset, Anaheim is not healthy enough and goal tending will be key. Brodeur will be unshakable while Toskala will submit under pressure.

My forecast:

Conference Finals:

--> Buffalo - Pittsburgh / Nashville Predators - Vancouver

Stanley Cup Finals:

--> Buffalo - Vancouver

Cup Champs:

--> Vancouver

There has consistently been a Cinderella team in the final for quite a few years now. I had two in mind being the Cinderella team, Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I think its Buffalo's time, especially after been dealt a bad hand in the playoffs last year. Nashville is awesome and I really like them because they sucked so bad just a few years ago (it kind of irks me though that Nashville isn't really a hockey city, but if they were to do well, that could change). First Calgary, then Edmonton, I just think Vancouver is going to get done what they couldn't get done in 94 - the Cup.

I would be happy with this result, even if one of the three other teams won. I wouldn't mind Montreal in there (especially because I plan on moving there by September) and if I thought Ottawa wasn't going to completely blow it yet again, I'd probably back them too.

Oh, and in a perfect world, Edmonton would win the the Cup in sixteen games :D

Your ice cream is hot.
It sure looks like it. They do radio ads for it, which feature the Sabres play-by-play guy Rick Jeanneret saying, "Top Shelf, where momma hides the cookies!"

I can't get it where I live. However, if I get a chance to go through Buffalo within the next few weeks, I'll try to get myself some -- just to say I tried it.

I've been reading the thread (and enjoying it). But I must say, it is hard to jump in when your a Washington Caps fan. The only things we've had to cheer about for the last 15 years was the strike season when we got to play golf a little earlier.
:( :(

I've been reading the thread (and enjoying it). But I must say, it is hard to jump in when your a Washington Caps fan. The only things we've had to cheer about for the last 15 years was the strike season when we got to play golf a little earlier.
:( :(
Be patient. It's going to take some time for the Caps to rebuild. Ovechkin's going to be there awhile. Now they've got a kid by the name of Alexander Semin who's proving to be quite a good puck handler and goal scorer. It's just that the rest of the team really needs to pick it up (and get a good enforcer while they're at it).

Hey Jason, I guess the Oilers next game is against Buffalo!

Bring it! And suffer like this horse: :deadhorse:

Wow. I guess Buffalo really did suffer like that horse! You lost your flashy forward Maxim Afinogenov and rookie Jiri Novotny. That really sucks.

You also won, which sucks ( ;) ), but at least it was only an OT win. We desperately need all the points we can get, and well, we got one from you!

Till we meet again :handshake:

My forecast:

Conference Finals:

--> NJ Devils - Atlanta Thrashers / San Jose Sharks - Nashville Predators

Stanley Cup Finals:

--> NJ Devils - San Jose Sharks

Cup Champs:

--> NJ Devils

I hope it does not turn out like this, but I can see Buffalo getting upset, Anaheim is not healthy enough and goal tending will be key. Brodeur will be unshakable while Toskala will submit under pressure.

I may have to swop San Jose with Nashville ;)

Where did Jason go? I thought he would grace me with Buffalo trash talk when our teams played each other! Our teams meeting is like a once in three year occurrence or something stupid like that! I wanted my thrash talk! :D

Chris, wasn't the point of making our predictions so early was to see how totally out to lunch we were when we picked them? :D

Are you guys tracking the NHL trades today?

Some big moves are being made.

The Pens are getting tough in preparation for the playoffs. They just acquired Georges Laraque (from Phoenix) and Gary Roberts (from Florida).

Buffalo just got Ty Conklin from Columbus.

Things are getting very interesting for the home stretch.

:cheers2:

Chris, wasn't the point of making our predictions so early was to see how totally out to lunch we were when we picked them? :D

Yep, my comment was in jest. I can already see how things are shaking up to prove my predictions as bunk. Hoepfully I am wrong and the Penguins take it all! ;)

However, considering San Jose just acquired Bill Guerin from St. Louis, I may end up close afterall. Atlanta made some great moves, Nashville is set, and San Jose is in a good position as long as Toskala gets healthy. Now if only NJ will be dethroned by Pittsburgh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back