1981 Joint Study Conference on Psalmody

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have this work? I locate a copy at RPTS but if anyone has it on PB please let me know. This must not have been widely circulated. Interesting contents.
Title:
The application of the regulative principle to song in worship.
Author:
Joint Study Conference on Psalmody (1981 : Beaver Falls, Pa.)
Imprint:
[S.l. : s.n., 1981?]
Physical Description
150 leaves in various pagings : charts ; 28 cm.
Note:
CONTENTS : A history of the regulative principle of worship / Dean R. Smith -- How the RPCNA has applied the regulative principle / Bruce C. Stewart -- How the OPC has applied the regulative principle / George Hall -- What is worship? / Duncan Lowe -- Response / Donald Poundstone -- Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs in Eph. 5:19 and Col. 3:16 / Edmond Clowney -- Response / J. Renwick Wright -- Psalmody and progressive revelation / E. Clark Copeland -- Response / Leonard Coppes -- The concept of the New Testament hymns / Edward Robson --Response / Lawrence Eyres.
Paper by Dean R. Smith also titled: The Westminster Assembly and worship.
Paper by E. Clark Copeland also titled: Exclusive psalmody and progressive revelation.

I got an email note from Jack Delivuk of Geneva college who attended the conference. Am asking him more about the conference now. He says the only reason RPTS has copies is he obtained copies of each speaker and they got bound together and given to RPTS. So may be a rare item to have unless you attended (I was still in college and would have thought, 'psalmo what?';) ).

Originally posted by NaphtaliPress (I was still in college and would have thought, 'psalmo what?';) ).

I hear you there! (only I would have been just out of dipers and probably couldn't even say Psalmo!) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back