Eph. 6:10-18 and the Christian academic egghead.

Dkshotwell

Puritan Board Freshman
You know the guy, he's everywhere in the wild wild interwebs, he's not out to profit the Body of Christ, he just wants you to know that he knows more than you. He has even rewritten this verse in his image.

" Stand firm then, with the belt of textual criticism around your waist, with the breastplate of infralapsarianism or supralapsarianism in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness to debate the the comma johanneum with you anytime anywhere pal! 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of half a semester of greek, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of the regulatory principle of worship and the sword of covenant theology, which is the word of God."

I've seen this guy in the ancient threads here, he shows up from time to time with a different face and name, he stays a short while bringing a burst of frenzied interactivity almost as if he came into his own personal punctuated equilibrium, and then *poof*, he's gone. I'm sorry, I'm an insomniac (rather severely in truth) and it took me a while to compose this. At the beginning I thought I had a subject here, but in review of everything that came before this very sentence it seems more like a stream of consciousness.i put too much into this to just delete it, apologies. Before you ask, no, Ambien is a nightmare factory, this is preferable actually. I guess my only point could be, don't ya hate that guy!

I've heard Ambien has really bad side effects and people have sleep walked all sorts of places they shouldn't have walked. Have you tried magnesium?

I've heard Ambien has really bad side effects and people have sleep walked all sorts of places they shouldn't have walked. Have you tried magnesium?
That, melatonin, herbal teas, even weed, all of it, bupkis. I'm more than a little freaked out that you responded before I hit post. You're not a wizard.....are you?

I'm sorry for your sleep troubles. The only other thing that comes to mind would be getting your thyroid checked.

No, I am not a wizard, I am John Bunyan's toe.

You know the guy, he's everywhere in the wild wild interwebs, he's not out to profit the Body of Christ, he just wants you to know that he knows more than you. He has even rewritten this verse in his image.

" Stand firm then, with the belt of textual criticism around your waist, with the breastplate of infralapsarianism or supralapsarianism in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness to debate the the comma johanneum with you anytime anywhere pal! 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of half a semester of greek, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of the regulatory principle of worship and the sword of covenant theology, which is the word of God."

I've seen this guy in the ancient threads here, he shows up from time to time with a different face and name, he stays a short while bringing a burst of frenzied interactivity almost as if he came into his own personal punctuated equilibrium, and then *poof*, he's gone. I'm sorry, I'm an insomniac (rather severely in truth) and it took me a while to compose this. At the beginning I thought I had a subject here, but in review of everything that came before this very sentence it seems more like a stream of consciousness.i put too much into this to just delete it, apologies. Before you ask, no, Ambien is a nightmare factory, this is preferable actually. I guess my only point could be, don't ya hate that guy!

Yes, these types tend to be in Reformed areas of Facebook and twitter - probably others. I pray for your insomnia and hope you don't go to John MacArthur for advice regarding solutions hahahaha

Yes, these types tend to be in Reformed areas of Facebook and twitter - probably others. I pray for your insomnia and hope you don't go to John MacArthur for advice regarding solutions hahahaha
Thank you brother, and no Johnny mac isn't my go to guy. Why did Sproul have to leave!

Back