See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Overture to OPC Presbytery Concerning Republication Thesis

Blog Entries

Overture to OPC Presbytery Concerning Republication Thesis

This ought to be interesting to watch if this gets to the OPC GA. Since this has been a hotly debated topic on the PB and all over the interwebs and print journals and books it would be a good thing, in my opinion, for a study committee to take a look.

Overture Proposed to OPC Presbytery seeks Study on
    Rev. Benjamin P. Glaser, M. Div, ARP
    Pastor, Ellisville Presbyterian Church, ARP
    Ellisville, Mississippi

‎‎""The Christian religion is the religion of sinners, of such as have sinned, and in whom sin in some measure still dwells. The Christian life is a life of continued repentance, humiliation for and mortification of sin, of continual faith in, thankfulness for, and love to the Redeemer, and hopeful joyful expectation of a day of glorious redemption, in which the believer shall be fully and finally acquitted, and sin abolished for ever."
    -- Matthew Henry on 1 John 1:9

Blogging at: Mountains and Magnolias and The Confessional ARP
    2 member(s) found this post helpful.

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see the outcome.
    Andrew Cunningham
    Reno, NV
    Member:Mt. Rose Reformed OPC

TrigaBlog
    @TrigaBlog

I am quite interested in this story. How long do these generally take?
    Eric

Covenant Reformed Church (URCNA)
    Scranton, PA

17 Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ 18You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day. Deuteronomy 8

Blog Entries
    Without knowing anything about how the OPC operates these things my guess would be voted at Presbytery in the Spring, then to GA, then to a study committee, then couple of years down the road we would hear something.

So 2014?
    Rev. Benjamin P. Glaser, M. Div, ARP
    Pastor, Ellisville Presbyterian Church, ARP
    Ellisville, Mississippi

‎‎""The Christian religion is the religion of sinners, of such as have sinned, and in whom sin in some measure still dwells. The Christian life is a life of continued repentance, humiliation for and mortification of sin, of continual faith in, thankfulness for, and love to the Redeemer, and hopeful joyful expectation of a day of glorious redemption, in which the believer shall be fully and finally acquitted, and sin abolished for ever."
    -- Matthew Henry on 1 John 1:9

Blogging at: Mountains and Magnolias and The Confessional ARP
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.

Do you have a sense that people are trying to affirm this position, or are they trying to get a clear ruling to settle the issue once and for all?

Eric, the OPC can seem to move glacially slow sometimes, but it is done to ensure any issues are carefully considered. Speed may clear the air faster, but could leave threads hanging to be pulled out again. (Ew, mixed metaphor.)
    JWithnell
    Member Bethel OPC
    Virginia
    http://learningyesican.blogspot.com/
    http://bethelpres.com/